New Flyer

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
burton31

New Flyer

Postby burton31 » Thu, Oct 25 2007, 09:03 PM

new to kite flyin with my prism nexus. kite flyin was not kind to me on saturday as i was doing really well - a fellow kite flyer friend of mine were practicing our figure 8s together when i crossed over hers and crashed. broke my spine - so i have ordered a new one and hope to get flyin again soon.
would like to get a bigger kite in the future any suggestions
also hi to the flyer from cabery. we have been out there when u and your family have been out there.

burton31

Re: New Flyer

Postby burton31 » Thu, Oct 25 2007, 09:06 PM

burton31,
pontiac, il

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Thu, Oct 25 2007, 11:29 PM

Welcome Aboard Burton31.

Sorry to here about the crash and snap. :(

The club is planning on making it out to pontiac in the near future for a club fly. So keep you eye on either the "Club Fly" section or "Quick Fly" section. :up:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Oct 26 2007, 06:02 AM

At the club fly there might be some other dual line fliers who can let you try their kites so you can decide what else you might like.
I'll also give you some lessons on a quad line kite if you're interested.
Welcome to the club!

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Fri, Oct 26 2007, 08:34 PM

Hi Burton31, welcome to the forum. As I read your post, I started to smile, cause the exact same thing happenned to me. My first kite was also a Nexus, and I also broke the spine... :oops: But I didn't get discouraged, on the contrary, I tought to myself...if someone can fly this THING.. I can too,...and I went for the challenge, now I have several kites, duals and quads, my two favorite dual are Deep Space for tricks, and Pro Dancer, (no tricks kite) Do like babbman and Mike suggest, get toghether with other kiters and you will learn a lot, and faster. good luck.
Hector: from Los Angeles,California.
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

burton31

Postby burton31 » Fri, Oct 26 2007, 08:47 PM

I would appreciate any and all help. i wanted to get better and would like to try new kites. instruction would be good. also will keep at eye out for when u will be in pontiac.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri, Oct 26 2007, 09:35 PM

Mike wrote:I'll also give you some lessons on a quad line kite if you're interested.

That didn't take long. Image

:lol:
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, Oct 28 2007, 01:02 AM

:welcome1: Welcome to the club! i can teach you dual line tricks at the club fly events and festivals. Other great dual line kites to get, for those relatively new, are the Silver Fox kites (very nice for the $) or the new Prism Zephyr (super looking kite). Large kite ares often great at precision... but many do not trick as well... so don't go too large... unless you are into precision exclusively.

i may be in Pontiac tomorrow if the winds are good; i hear that a lot of kite fliers have been there on the weekends!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

burton31

Postby burton31 » Mon, Oct 29 2007, 02:43 PM

thanks tom for the welcome!!
:thanks:
i am waiting for my hypno and addiction to arrive this week so i can begin flyin again. got my spine now just have to replace on my nexus as well

Return to “General Discussion”