kite runner

Links to videos of anything kite related.
Chris

kite runner

Postby Chris » Sat, Sep 15 2007, 10:03 AM

Looks like the movie will be released this fall. I loved the book, and from what I can tell from the trailer, it looks like they stayed true to the story. I will see this one as soon as it opens.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/180976541 ... ardformat/
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

TheBigKiteGuy

Re: Kite Runner

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Sat, Sep 15 2007, 10:29 AM

There is a pre-release showing in just over two weeks at the AKA convention,
Alan Sparling

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Sep 15 2007, 09:59 PM

My wife read the book quite a while ago and liked it a great deal! i usually don't read books, unless they pertain to philosophy, or science, and such. An Indian doctor at work just told me, the other day, that he had just read Kite Runner; i had recommended it to him. He flew fighter kites a lot in his youth. He was initially very interested in IKE; but now his enthusiasm has wavered... (his loss, i figure)! :!:

By the way, i've been having a lot of weird quirky problems with the IKE website. Just now, when i tried to post my message for this topic, the site required me to re-log in; when i did, my message was lost and i had to type it in again! Often, when it recognizes me, when i click on the topics since last visit link... it winds up showing nothing (when many people have since submitted stuff)! ?????

i wonder if it would be best to log in fresh every time!?!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Barbara

Postby Barbara » Tue, Oct 09 2007, 09:55 AM

The Kite Runner is a fabulous movie. Not quite as depressing as the book, great photography. You'll love the shots taken above the kites tracking them across the sky.
It was really cool to watch the movie with the Berkeley kite wranglers and Tom McAlister who actually flew the kites in the movie and provided the kite store at the close.
Needless to say Paramont sent major security to insure that no bootleg copies were made or filming done in the theater.
Definitely a highlight of convention week!
Barbara

Return to “Videos”