Is this OUR Chris? the Juggler...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT-_2oAdN40
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Jeff

Re: Our Ike's Chris?

Postby Jeff » Mon, May 07 2007, 11:51 PM

Ah Hector, you force me to post the response from a truly amazing juggler, Jason Garlfield...

:wink:

A lot of jugglers don't like Bliss all that much. They think he's all show, and not that great technically. So when the Bliss routine started going around the internet, Garfield decided to make Bliss' 3 ball routine a 5 ball routine, and show off some serious skills...
[youtube]QYUXaYCkv-A[/youtube]
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, May 08 2007, 09:09 AM

Obviously, the 5-ball guy is amazing, but I still like the Bliss video better.

He has more style and better choreography. Also, his routine was done in public in one take. We have no idea how many takes were used in the 5-ball video.

A lot of jugglers are all about the mastery of the hard stuff. Bliss is about showmanship.
Both are good, but Bliss is gonna get more audience 'cause he makes a great show. Even his body language and facial expressions are amusing.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue, May 08 2007, 08:59 PM

With my brother being in the business, I get to hear some of the backstage scuttlebutt sometimes. :wink: Comparing Bliss to the jugglers that actually compete and push themselves is sort of like comparing Olympic skaters to performers in the Ice Capades. The Capades skaters are competent, and might be entertaining, but it's not really on the same level.

Garfield also breaks down Bliss' "choreography" in an amusing way. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6460#0m27s "four basic juggling moves" put to "music that people like."

In fact, he does pretty much the same routine to another song here...
[youtube]Mbn6Y_MvOaE[/youtube]

Having heard Garfield interviewed, I know that he came up with that routine to match Bliss and filmed it within only a few days, 4 or 5, and not the years that Bliss has been doing the same routine.

I always wanted to see the side by side of the routines, and I've never seen it, so I just went ahead and did it myself.

[googlevideo]-580630573269610533[/googlevideo]

And last but not least, some more cool stuff from the World Juggling Federation...just because... it's cool. :up:

[googlevideo]2639980997907701949[/googlevideo]
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, May 08 2007, 09:38 PM

Fern says it's like the difference between Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly. Fred had grace and Gene had muscles.

Also, the video isn't that good on the second guy and it's hard to see what he's doing some of the time.

The last video was a ton of fun. Amazing, amazing stuff.

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, May 13 2007, 10:56 PM

:shock: :shock:
Well...last time I saw one of these artist or acrobats in person...hmmm...how should I call them?
it was when I was a small boy 8 or 10 maybe...when I went to the circus in Guatemala. You know, them clown are not just clowning around...they are trully acrobats with lots of skills...it's really amazing what these people can do. :shock:
Now it is also amazing what WE, KITE fliers can do...Just 3 years ago, I never imagine ME flying a stunt kite? didn't know anything about them, haven't seen one. No one in my family has seen a kite flyier before, never the less have one kite flier in our family.
Flying a paraglider was even unthinkable...
Ooohhhh...I am so proud of myself... :up: :revspin: :dualspin:
Thank you God for giving me this opportunity to do something soo... beatifull.
Kite flying.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Return to “Cool Links”