New York Minute Flutter?

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
makatakam

New York Minute Flutter?

Postby makatakam » Wed, Dec 16 2015, 09:48 AM

Many people on the KiteLife forum have mentioned a constant annoying flutter (buzz, vibration, hum) in the NYM sail on either one or both sides of the sail when flying at any speed. They say that they have tried, and failed to "tune" this buzz out of the sail with line and bungee adjustments.

I have a standard sail and have no constant flutter or buzz -- at least not any I've noticed. I know that quite a few of the IKE members have at least one or more NYM, and am curious if anyone has experienced this phenomenon.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Re: New York Minute Flutter?

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, Dec 16 2015, 07:47 PM

I think tmadz had the issue with his kite. Maybe it was someone else. I have a vague recollection of someone trying a different frame (stiffer I think), and getting rid of the flutter.

What frame do you have in yours? Did you swap it out?

makatakam

Re: New York Minute Flutter?

Postby makatakam » Wed, Dec 16 2015, 10:44 PM

goestoeleven wrote:I think tmadz had the issue with his kite. Maybe it was someone else. I have a vague recollection of someone trying a different frame (stiffer I think), and getting rid of the flutter.

What frame do you have in yours? Did you swap it out?

I have the original frame it came with in mine, green race, I believe.

Did swapping the frame make any difference?
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Return to “Quad Line Kites”