How quick does a new sail stretch?

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
swannie

How quick does a new sail stretch?

Postby swannie » Sat, Aug 31 2013, 05:53 PM

Hey guys,

I bought a B series 1.5 in June and I've probably got about 20 hours of time on it, mostly in 8-10 Mph wind. Today at the beach I felt the need to adjust the bungees on the bottom of of the sail because it seemed loose to me. Question is, was that a dumb thing to do? How fast do the sails stretch? I'd imagine there's bit of a break-in period for a new sail, but what do I know? :)

Thanks!
Swannie

kitemeister

Re: How quick does a new sail stretch?

Postby kitemeister » Sat, Aug 31 2013, 10:00 PM

Swannie,

I don't think the sail has stretched, I think the bungy cord was not taught to start with. I have a B series that I got this year and had to tighten the bungies after a few flights. I am learning also and did not know, Mark pointed it out to me that the kite fluttered too much. I think they are a bit loose when they make the kite.
Karl

zero1199

Postby zero1199 » Sun, Sep 01 2013, 07:43 AM

Try to add more break to it.

swannie

Postby swannie » Sun, Sep 01 2013, 04:30 PM

kitemeister wrote:Swannie,

I don't think the sail has stretched, I think the bungy cord was not taught to start with. I have a B series that I got this year and had to tighten the bungies after a few flights. I am learning also and did not know, Mark pointed it out to me that the kite fluttered too much. I think they are a bit loose when they make the kite.

Heh, you know I hadn't considered that, but I suppose it makes sense. :) :thanks:

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Sep 02 2013, 09:57 AM

I've think I've tightened up the bungies on all my revs. It's the first thing Felix Mottram of the Decorators told me to do when I met him, so I think it's a common problem.

Return to “Quad Line Kites”