Doing my part to support our men in uniform

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
TMadz

Doing my part to support our men in uniform

Postby TMadz » Sun, Apr 22 2012, 09:14 PM

I just wanted to post my satisfaction and a good thing that happened to me since I started flying.

I was flying in my "secret field", as goestoeleven puts it, this afternoon and I see a soldier in his BDU's come onto the field with his teenage son, about 16-17. They were obviously having lots of trouble getting their kite in the air because of their lines and pretty rough kite. I spent about 15 minutes with them and helped them with some basic things. (about everything I knew, which isn't much) It turns out he is a Captain in the Army reserves who is home for leave. They saw me flying before and wanted to give it a try. I ran home to grab my starter kite to let them have some fun and quality time together. My brother is a Lt Colonel in the USMC and if there is anything that I could do to help a Dad and soldier spend some time with his son I was going to darn well do it. They were nice enough drop it off at my house across the street after flying for another hour and I hope went home happy.

It is amazing that I have seen so many other people come out to my "secret field" with their own kites and many neighbors who have come out to say hello. Everyone that I have met has been really cool and welcoming. I am loving kites more and more. Not enough to come over to the dark side yet, but enough nonetheless. Thanks everyone and support your soldiers and their families. :-D
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

goestoeleven

Re: Doing my part to support our men in uniform

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Apr 22 2012, 09:20 PM

Awesome - that's great!

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Apr 23 2012, 10:29 AM

Great story!

Shari

Postby Shari » Sun, Apr 29 2012, 10:20 AM

Love it. I have family members that have been in the Navy, Army, Air Force, and the Air National Guard. I am proud to support our troops. THANK YOU for sharing your story and you kite.
Everything seems so much better when the sky is filled with beautiful colors.

Return to “General Discussion”