Who is flying what, where and when this week 8/22-8/28?

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Mike

Re: Who is flying what, where and when this week 8/22-8/28?

Postby Mike » Mon, Aug 29 2011, 10:45 PM

Nope, 180GO! won't be at DeKalb this year.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Aug 29 2011, 11:30 PM

Mike wrote:Nope, 180GO! won't be at DeKalb this year.

But . . . Dekalb . . . that's where I met both 180go and Makatakam (who got me onto this crazy IKE site) . . . and that's when this "dark side" obsession really got going.

Well, I understand that you guys have to choose when there are two festivals the same weekend. I'll probably have to choose one day or the other . . . . and it will probably be Dekalb (closer to me on Sunday) because the Cub Scout pack camp out is Saturday night. I'd have to leave Mots by about 3 pm or probably earlier to get to the campground. Plus I've only told my wife about Two Rivers so far . . . and not about Mots, Dekalb, or QC, so I may have some explaining to do.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Mon, Aug 29 2011, 11:41 PM

Will anyone from IKE?
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Mon, Aug 29 2011, 11:43 PM

goestoeleven wrote:

But . . . Dekalb . . . that's where I met both 180go and Makatakam (who got me onto this crazy IKE site) . . . and that's when this "dark side" obsession really got going.

Well, I understand that you guys have to choose when there are two festivals the same weekend. I'll probably have to choose one day or the other . . . . and it will probably be Dekalb (closer to me on Sunday) because the Cub Scout pack camp out is Saturday night. I'd have to leave Mots by about 3 pm or probably earlier to get to the campground. Plus I've only told my wife about Two Rivers so far . . . and not about Mots, Dekalb, or QC, so I may have some explaining to do.

Should we call you "Lucy"? as in "Lucy, you got some splainin to do!"
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Aug 30 2011, 01:13 AM

[quote="makatakam
Should we call you "Lucy"? as in "Lucy, you got some splainin to do!"[/quote]

That's funny, because I was almost going to write it that way . . . I got some 'splainin to do. "Well, you see, I have to go to all four festivals . . because the other guys are going to be there and it's very important . . . . . see, now honey, I'm just 'splainin why . . . aww, I don't want to see you get upset . . . why don't you and Ethel go to the store while Fred and I go take care of this?" But that would probably get me in more trouble.

I just looked at the calendar, and David has a soccer game on the 24th, so QC may be a bit difficult as well.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Tue, Aug 30 2011, 12:13 PM

Simple solution: move the soccer game to the QC! Most team members (both teams) won't show up, so you can fly kites all day instead.
MARK

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”