Real Power "kites" - Paragliding

All about dual and quad line power kiting.
grigorib

Real Power "kites" - Paragliding

Postby grigorib » Sun, Feb 20 2011, 01:42 AM

I'm from Champaign, which is pretty flat as the city name suggests. I'm looking for contacts or any information on paragliding in the area, either motorized or not. Do you know anyone in the sport, have you seen anyone soaring over any hills around?
It seems to be an exciting hobby, not too expensive or dangerous either. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Zaphod

Re: Real Power "kites" - Paragliding

Postby Zaphod » Thu, Apr 19 2012, 11:13 PM

Greetings
I fly power paraglider, and i live here in champaign. there are now three pilots. One near philo, myself on the south west side of CU and the other guy I think lives in Peoria but commutes to cu to work. The other do not fly much with anyone. I however Fly with a group called the Indy Air hogs, and another group in kankakee. I sometimes fly from old rantoul AFB, or skydive place west of thomosborro. However i mostly fly in the abandoned subdivision NW of I57 and I74 near thomas moore high school. early morning and 1-2 hrs before sunset with wind at 8MPH or lower is best. Happy to get others in the sport.

And yes i do kite lots of times, 1 x 28M and a 30M wing. It is a blst when you kite picks you up and you skip down a field.

john Bloom
217 493 7548

Jynx

Re: Real Power "kites" - Paragliding

Postby Jynx » Fri, Apr 20 2012, 09:52 PM

Fascinating sport! ...Always wanted to try that out! ...Hopefully I, and I'm sure others, will have the opportunity and take advantage of your skills! :up:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Return to “Power Kites”