Nov 24th club fly!!!

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Chris

Nov 24th club fly!!!

Postby Chris » Tue, Nov 21 2006, 05:33 PM

I just got off the phone with Corrine(sp?) from the Naperville Park District. She said it is OK for us to hold our next club fly at Frontier Sports Complex, in Naperville.

So we are on for Nov 24, this Friday in Naperville.

P. S. Corrine said she MIGHT even get the bathrooms opened for us, but no promises, seeing as Friday is a holiday for them.

Any and all are welcome, new members especially. Questions, directions just ask!!
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Babbman

Re: Nov 24th club fly!!!

Postby Babbman » Tue, Nov 21 2006, 06:48 PM

Chris wrote:I just got off the phone with Corrine(sp?) from the Naperville Park District. She said it is OK for us to hold our next club fly at Frontier Sports Complex, in Naperville.

So we are on for Nov 24, this Friday in Naperville.

P. S. Corrine said she MIGHT even get the bathrooms opened for us, but no promises, seeing as Friday is a holiday for them.

Any and all are welcome, new members especially. Questions, directions just ask!!

General directions would be great... time?

Can you put it on the calendar?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

boondagger

Re: Nov 24th Club Fly!!!

Postby boondagger » Tue, Nov 21 2006, 07:43 PM

Hey people, it's Chris ( I can't log in under chris) The fly is at Frontier Park, where IKE was started!!

The southeast corner of route 59 and 95th street in Naperville.

Here is the Mapquest link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... &geodiff=1

From route 59-Go east on 95th to Cedar Glade Rd(light) and turn right follow road to Frontier sports complex and look for kites!

boondagger

Postby boondagger » Tue, Nov 21 2006, 07:44 PM

I will be there at 9am with my EZ-up and IKE flag, we will fly until it gets dark!

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue, Nov 21 2006, 07:50 PM

Hey!!! I'm back, and yes, boondagger is my test user!
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Nov 21 2006, 11:48 PM

Way to go Boondagger!!! :up: :up: I was hoping we could be there on friday. Great place to be seen with the malls all around!!

:clubfly: Come one, Come all, its going to be a BLAST!!! :clubfly:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

ZippyD

Postby ZippyD » Wed, Nov 22 2006, 03:45 PM

I'd love to be there folks. Fly one for me and Happy Thanksgiving.
Dan

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed, Nov 22 2006, 07:17 PM

Thanks Dan, same to you and yours :up:

-unknown

takoboy

Postby takoboy » Wed, Nov 22 2006, 07:50 PM

I would really like to be there, but I will be taking care of my cousins that day! Have a great time. I hope to make it to the next one.

Zach

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed, Nov 22 2006, 08:12 PM

Be sure to check back for pics this weekend!!!

I'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow Zach, my parents live in Oak Lawn. Have a good Thanksgiving, and welcome to the club :welcome1:

-unknown

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Wed, Nov 22 2006, 08:27 PM

takoboy wrote:I would really like to be there, but I will be taking care of my cousins that day! Have a great time. I hope to make it to the next one.

Zach

good to see you on here Zach... it's been rather lonely in Lisle at lunch time without seeing you and your family... My only company has been some idiot who thinks the field there is a driving range....

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

takoboy

Postby takoboy » Wed, Nov 22 2006, 09:07 PM

Chris,

We haven't been out to Lisle since Nationals. If the weather holds we are going to try to make it out one day next week. Thanks for the tip about the golfer, we'll keep our eyes peeled!

Zach

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 05:27 PM

Just wondering if we are planning on fly with 120ft or 75ft? If on 120ft does anyone have an extra set of lines that I could use? :evil: On a count of Dave has not gotten my bulk line in yet. So I will only have 75's. :(
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 06:59 PM

I think we may fly on 75's, I always used Mike's 120's. I haven't gotten around to getting a set yet

-unknown

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 08:18 PM

Chris wrote:I think we may fly on 75's, I always used Mike's 120's. I haven't gotten around to getting a set yet

I have a set made up and enough to make another. I can lay it out and make up another set if need be... I like having more than one set anyway.

Chris (aka Babbman)

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 09:17 PM

Hi folks! :-) This is my first time within this forum. i was at Frontier Park with my wife during the Naperville Birthday Bash on the all-too-windy October 14th. i was the guy flying the lime-yellow Benson Deep Space dual line.

i'd sure like to come on Nov. 24th... but i live quite a ways off and the roads will be too nuts with too many people traveling and shopping for the holidays. Some other time, though, would be great!

i drive almost an hour each way to work :cry: (on weekdays) and tend to get disgruntled about being in a car; so i'm not too fond of traveling much on my days off. But i would make an attempt to meet up with you guys at better times in the future.

If some of you should happen to want to fly around this way sometime, there are plenty of really nice flying fields around here; and you sure would be welcome! For instance, in Bourbonnais, Illinois, there is a vast array of soccer fields at one point around town... and there are a couple of other huge fields nearby. If Mike, from Champaigne, is a member here, my location might be a good halfway point for some of you.

Anyhoo... this Illinois Club is a fantastic thing and i sincerely hope that it grows and expands! :-D

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 09:54 PM

boondagger wrote:Hey people, it's Chris ( I can't log in under chris) The fly is at Frontier Park, where IKE was started!!

The southeast corner of route 59 and 95th street in Naperville.

Here is the Mapquest link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... &geodiff=1

From route 59-Go east on 95th to Cedar Glade Rd(light) and turn right follow road to Frontier sports complex and look for kites!

Chris, is this the same place we flew in October for the Birthday bash? Will we be in the same field?

Chris (aka Babbman)

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 10:37 PM

Welcome to the club, knotted4ever, we have a few dedicated dualies around here somewhere :-D

And yes, Mike is the one who really got the ball rolling on this club! We have a couple great spots in the bourbonais area. We want to move our club flys around a bit to even up the drive times. The next fly after the 24th, will more than likely be south. Welcome again and hope you had a great turkey day!

-unknown

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 10:39 PM

Yes babbman, it will be the same place we were at for the birthday bash, same field also.

By the way, if you don't mind I would like to try out your ozone foil! (doing research for a new kite!!! :wink:

-unknown

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 05:46 AM

Chris wrote:Yes babbman, it will be the same place we were at for the birthday bash, same field also.

By the way, if you don't mind I would like to try out your ozone foil! (doing research for a new kite!!! :wink:

Babbman travels with all kites in hand at all times. It will be there

Chris (aka Babbman)

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”