Fantastic Kite Making

Questions and conversations related to sewing up a magnificent kite creation.
Jeepster

Fantastic Kite Making

Postby Jeepster » Wed, Oct 28 2009, 09:54 AM

This gentleman's work has shown up on some other kite sites and I thought you might like to see his work. It's very impressive!!

Here's his recent posting on Kitebuilding.com where he shares pictures of several of the power kites he's made ... power kites.

This is a time lapse video of him making one of those kites. It's 250 hours of work compressed into the first four or five minutes of the video. Once the video comes up, click on the "HD" tab on the screen to reduce the bandwidth ... it'll play much smoother that way. Cool video.

Cheers,
Tom

Mike

Re: Fantastic Kite Making

Postby Mike » Wed, Oct 28 2009, 03:15 PM

Wow. Really nice looking kites. He even has a different design on the front and back of a kite.
It looks like he is cutting out each piece of the design, then taping it into place, and then sewing. What a lot of work!

By the way, the video played smooth in HD with my internet connection :-D

Jeepster

Re: Fantastic Kite Making

Postby Jeepster » Wed, Oct 28 2009, 07:12 PM

Mike wrote:... By the way, the video played smooth in HD with my internet connection :-D

Yep, plays well on my home connection too. I first saw it on my travel computer via the internet at a rental home ... obviously, the owner didn't purchased a premium service.

Cheers,
Tom

Return to “Sewing”