Handeling Orders

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Mux11

Handeling Orders

Postby Mux11 » Wed, Feb 18 2009, 10:33 PM

mk mentioned that if you have an idea for handeling orders better to start a new thread.

Other group buys I have been a part of did it where if you were ordering you emailed in the order, not taken via posts. because we know how deep they can get and such.

Just my 2c :up:

the RoK project was an awesome build!!! We should do another one, maybe mid summer when fests are calmed down. There are many projects to do and i know my template bin is filling up.

Cheers, jp

Jeepster

Re: Handeling Orders

Postby Jeepster » Wed, Feb 18 2009, 11:17 PM

I realize that Mike says some folks don't want their order to show up in a post, so this might have some limitations. Here is a made up spreadsheet that I've stored in Google documents in one of my accounts. You can make it so that only folks who are invited can see it or you can open it up to the world. You can also set the controls so that you have to have a Google account and sign it to access it. Or, so that visitors don't have to sign in, but can only view it. Or, viewers don't have to sign in and can edit it. I've left this one so that everyone can view it without a Google account and they can also edit it.

For those who don't want their purchase shared with others, you could use a code name.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... PsDQ&hl=en

See what you think ... you can't mess it up too badly.

Cheers,
Tom
Last edited by Jeepster on Mon, Mar 02 2009, 11:33 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Feb 19 2009, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
The problem with email is folks forget what they ordered and send multiple, sometimes conflicting, emails.
The problem with the spreadsheet, as you know, is it's too public.

Maybe something like an online shopping cart, in which they could edit their order. But that sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Thu, Feb 19 2009, 10:11 AM

Mike wrote:Thanks for the suggestions guys.
The problem with email is folks forget what they ordered and send multiple, sometimes conflicting, emails.
The problem with the spreadsheet, as you know, is it's too public.

The advantage of a spreadsheet is not only that you know what people want, but that the rest of us know that you heard us correctly.

It can be set up so that only members who have ordered can see the spreadsheet ... still somewhat public, but not available for all to see. Works kind of like the forum polls ... you can't see the data until you take the test.

As an example, here's a spreadsheet that only Mike and I can see ... that is if I've done it correctly. Also, I've restricted it so that Mike can't make any changes:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... 3eZw&hl=en

And here's one that only Mux11, Mike and I can see ... in this case I've allowed Mike to make changes, but not James:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... M7eQ&hl=en

See if that would help folks ... again, anyone who didn't want their name on the list could be given a "spreadsheet name". They would still be able to know if the two of you had communicated correctly, but no one else would know who ordered those items.

Cheers,
Tom
Last edited by Jeepster on Thu, Feb 19 2009, 10:20 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Club Discussion”