Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
User avatar
stevebell
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:04 AM

Re: Club Fly This Weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby stevebell » Sat, Mar 29 2008, 10:29 AM

I'll be there Sunday. (I can't justify missing a fly in my backyard on a day off!) I'll see if I can locate Denny, too.

Steve

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Location: Charleston, IL

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Mike » Sat, Mar 29 2008, 11:25 AM

Steve, that's great.
There's a 40% chance of rain tomorrow, or rather a 60% chance of no rain. :-D
Total accumulation of 1/4" predicted, so if it does rain, it may not be for long and we can get something to eat while it rains and then come back.

User avatar
Jeff
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed, Nov 22 2006, 09:03 AM
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Club Fly This Weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Jeff » Sat, Mar 29 2008, 11:29 AM

Well, since today's my free day, I'm heading out with some music and kite bag...

Practice, practice practice!!!
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

User avatar
Knoted4ever
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu, Nov 23 2006, 07:46 PM
Location: Martinton, Illinois

Re: Club Fly This Weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Mar 29 2008, 02:57 PM

i'll try to get to bed early tonight.


:clubfly:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Location: Charleston, IL

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Mike » Sat, Mar 29 2008, 04:26 PM

Nice day flying today--beautiful weather.

User avatar
Jeff
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed, Nov 22 2006, 09:03 AM
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Club Fly This Weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Jeff » Sat, Mar 29 2008, 06:50 PM

Not as beautiful here. It was about 40 degrees, and the wind was all over the place.

Still, I was out there for almost 4 hours. :lol:
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Location: Charleston, IL

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Mike » Sun, Mar 30 2008, 06:39 AM

Forecast is improved this morning: only 30% of rain in the a.m., 20% in the afternoon. Winds around 9-10 mph.
See you on the field!

User avatar
Knoted4ever
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu, Nov 23 2006, 07:46 PM
Location: Martinton, Illinois

Re: Club Fly This Weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, Mar 30 2008, 08:23 PM

It was a lot of fun today... and the weather really wasn't that bad!

iQuad had better start sweating... 180-Go is looking better and better! :up:
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

User avatar
Frodos Majik
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 08:33 PM
Location: Calumet City, IL.

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Mar 30 2008, 11:22 PM

Thanks for the praise Tom, but we still got just a little ways to go before iQUAD needs to worry.
BUT ONE DAY SOON!!! :twisted:

Chris and Steve it was GREAT to see you guys out there again. Issac we missed you. Weather wasnt that bad true, just a little ANNOYING at times with the drizzle. :roll: Hanging out afterwards was fun as always too.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

User avatar
Chris
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 06:58 PM
Location: Montgomery, Illinois

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Chris » Mon, Mar 31 2008, 11:55 AM

Image

Had a great time Sunday :up: It was good to get out and see some familiar faces. Look forward to seeing more throughout the season :-D
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

User avatar
Frodos Majik
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 08:33 PM
Location: Calumet City, IL.

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, Mar 31 2008, 10:57 PM

:oops:
Sorry that you werent in the picture Steve, but you left b4 it was taken. But thats just one more reason to make it out next time too. :up:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

User avatar
Babbman
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 12:44 PM
Location: Aurora, IL
Contact:

Re: Club fly this weekend?

Postby Babbman » Sun, Apr 13 2008, 12:53 PM

Babbman wrote:Because of the number of festivals we have in April/May and my drumshow schedule in April. I cannot afford, both professionally and personally to schedule one more day of anything other than family time.

Sorry! (Mike already knew this... :-D )


Drumshow 2008 is finally in the can.

It was a great show this year and we played to over 2400 people over 3 shows... a month of video work, the last 6 days were work during the day, directly to Naperville Central HS after work until 10:30pm for rehearsals, 2 hrs of video work after that. 2 more hours of video before work... and then all over again... 1 Friday show, 2 shows Saturday... 2 hrs of sleep last night and 4 hrs of playing at church this morning.

I AM BEAT!

But I have my life back again!

See everyone Saturday morning in Oswego...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Location: Charleston, IL

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Mike » Sun, Apr 13 2008, 01:52 PM

It'll be good to see you again.

User avatar
Babbman
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 12:44 PM
Location: Aurora, IL
Contact:

Re: Club fly this weekend?--Sunday 3/30/08

Postby Babbman » Sun, Apr 13 2008, 04:02 PM

Mike wrote:It'll be good to see you again.


don't look yet... today I look like I was ridden hard and put away wet..

lol


Chris (aka Babbman)



They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759



Return to “Club & Quick Flys”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests