New Dual Line Member...

All about Dual Line Kiting.
Knoted4ever

New Dual Line Member...

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Nov 23 2006, 10:24 PM

Hi:

i just today joined the forum here. i must say, i am very impressed by the fine features that this site offers!... a lot of high-class posting features! Very impressive! 8)

i fly dualies and have been flying for around 3 and a half years. i live in Martinton, Illinois; i often also fly a lot in the Kankakee/Bourbonnais area. We do not have DSL or cable in the very rural area where we live (on the Iroquois River); so it is very difficult for me to download videos or upload stuff... (it takes forever)! :( Hopefully this may change... my brother-in-law, at the Thanksgiving party today, mentioned a nearby friend who may be able to help us get something faster.

Anyway, i like tricks a lot more than just precision... though i do a healthy batch of precision stuff too. Tricks that i can do include the Backspin, Lewis, Wap-do-Wap, Comete, the 540 and Slot Machine.
My current favorite kites are the Sea Devils and the DeepSpace; i also am very appreciative of the Gemini kites!

i was at the Indiana Trick Clinic the last couple of years... and highly recommend that event/learning symposium... (a lot of very nice people at that gathering... and tons of tricking and tricking info)! :wink:

i like the Chicago flying events, like at Montrose Harbor and at the Science and Industry area. i might even go to the December 26th event if the weather is cooperative!

Frodos Majik

Re: New Dual Line Member...

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 01:44 AM

Hi Knoted4ever,
I met you out in Glenn Elynn this past yr. I am the guy from Cal. city. Want to say welcome, glad to see you found us. Hope you feel at home here. :up:

Ken
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 08:15 AM

Welcome Tom!
great to get some more dual-folks on the forum. I've seen you fly and I'm sure your expertise will be welcome here.
The club often gets together to fly in Bourbonnais, hope to see you there.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 05:44 PM

Thanks much for the welcome, you guys! :-D

Sure i remember you, Ken... how could i forget somebody from my cool hometown who is also into kites!

Mike, i've seen you at a whole lot of events! i guess we'll be running into each other a lot in the future (even though we don't actually run with our kites)!

For some reason or other, my signature is not showing up with my postings; i'll try messing with things again... but i'm not sure what i did or did not do (regarding it not showing up).

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, Nov 24 2006, 06:26 PM

i think i figured out how to have my signature posted. But if it doesn't show up with this posting... it's back to the drawing-board! :roll:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Dual Line Kites”