Just To Say Hi!

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
infl8able

Just To Say Hi!

Postby infl8able » Sun, Mar 09 2008, 08:31 PM

:mrblue: Hi to all the other newbies... I had to start posting because it's still too cold to get out and really fly! Will winter never end? I'm basically still new to flying - but I'm an expert kite watcher! I'm slowing moving into flying, but I defintiely love the kite festival scene!

Babbman

Re: Just To Say Hi!

Postby Babbman » Sun, Mar 09 2008, 09:07 PM

great username...lol

Welcome and yes, it seems like this stinking winter will never end... but spring looks to be in site... FINALLY!

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Mar 09 2008, 09:37 PM

Yes Welcome Aboard to the forum. I also love the screen name!!

Are you by chance I was talking to at the end of today about finally starting your profile? :up:
Hummmm? :mrblue:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Kitehead

Postby Kitehead » Mon, Mar 10 2008, 01:50 AM

Hi 'fl8able,

I just have to rub it in.

The Northern California chapter of IKE has much better weather.

To celebrate Daylight Savings Time I flew 'till sunset today. Crystal clear, 70 degrees, 5MPH wind.

Spring is here. :-)
Allen Carter

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Mar 10 2008, 07:03 AM

Road Trip! Lets all go crash on Kiteheads couch!

But seriously, welcome to the club infl8able. It's nice to add another SLK flier / Sewer to our club.

Maybe we'll see you at Oswego?

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Mon, Mar 10 2008, 08:19 AM

<<<Hugs>>>>

Good to have ya here. Great screen name!!
TTFN,
Draftnik

Drachenschwanz

Postby Drachenschwanz » Mon, Mar 10 2008, 08:53 AM

There are a few other names I call her but don't think I'll post them here! :rotfl

Welcome abord, matey!
Last edited by Drachenschwanz on Tue, Mar 11 2008, 07:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.
My new motto:

Up the Wazo!

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Mon, Mar 10 2008, 10:05 PM

Five things:

1) My eBay user name, and my user name for a number of sites, for years, has been "eturn8y".
So, though i think you are witty... i'm not stunned by your cleverness.

2) Yesterday, while you posted that it was too cold to fly, i was out at Clifton High School for 3 hours, with a jacket (not a coat) on. i also flew today, after work. (Since you are a quilter... maybe you can quilt up a fine kite oriented warm jacket.)

3) Today, while i was singing merrily, out-loud, in the kitchen... Marla slyly said: "Oh, you're just in bliss because you are kiting again."

4) While i was at the doctor recently for a prescription renewal... as i as following the nurse down the hallway, i spotted a huge Norman Rockwell-type painting of boys flying kites... and i blurted out: "Awesome painting; i fly kites too." After she looked at me with a peculiar stare (and i didn't much care what she thought) :oops: ... i added: "They're sport kites, which mostly adults fly... and they are very challenging." She continued to glance suspiciously in my direction, probably thinking that i needed a lot more medication than i was getting!

5) :welcome1:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Introductions”