Indoor Revs

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Mike

Indoor Revs

Postby Mike » Tue, Dec 18 2007, 07:38 PM

Revolution is no longer going to make the skinny spars used for indoor kites for cost reasons. It's cheaper for them to use the same size mandrel for a greater range of spars, so Indoor kites will now have 1/4" spars.

That means: save your skinny spars!
Unless there is a big uproar, this means you can't replace them.

I don't fly indoors, and I don't own an indoor kite, so I don't have an opinion on this.
Though with the rotten weather we've been having, I've been thinking about flying indoors more and more...

TeamTrejo

Re: Indoor Revs

Postby TeamTrejo » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 06:34 AM

I have an Indoor Rev, handels and linset. Never had chance to try it indoors.

Any thoughts on orginizing an IKE indoor get together. There is a large indoor sports complex here in Franklin WI, I could look into $$ and availability. Any good places in the Chicago area?

I'd certainly be willing to let any try my Indoor Rev.

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 07:30 AM

Sounds like fun. Maybe we can organize an indoor club fly in a somewhat central location. You indoor fliers out there, can you find us a place?

awindofchange

Postby awindofchange » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 04:01 PM

FYI for indoor Rev pilots...

The ultra skinny indoor rods have been discontinued for some time now. The new replacement indoor rods are made from the same lightweight carbon as the Race Rods and are lighter than the 2 wrap "Professional Use Only" rods. Length is still the same as the original rods but the diameter is larger as Mike has mentioned. You can swap out the rods on your older indoor with the new rods no problem but to properly change the rods you should get the larger diameter inserts along with your rods. The inserts just tie onto the kite the same as the older ones but they fit inside the new larger diameter rods a lot better than the older skinny ones.

We have the upgrade kits and new indoor rods in stock. We also have a very small number of the original skinny rods left in stock. When ordering your rods from your favorite shop, you will want to double check to make sure of which rods they have so you will know what to order for your kite.
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 04:32 PM

It will be interesting to see how the change goes over. Some of the indoor fliers, Lan Hoac and Penny Lingenfelter (sp?), fly with stiffer spars already. Other folks like Barresi, love the flexible skinnies.
I don't have enough experience to voice an opinion.

Return to “Quad Line Kites”