Spousal Support

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Babbman

Spousal Support

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 04 2006, 06:57 PM

Just wondering how everyone's spouse deals with and what they think of your kite obsession?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Chris

Re: Spousal Support

Postby Chris » Sun, Nov 05 2006, 07:53 PM

Lori supports me as well as any wife would to an obsessed husband :wink:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Nov 06 2006, 08:39 AM

Fern's been great too.

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, Nov 06 2006, 11:12 PM

Krissy has alway been behind me on all of my many, many forms of hobbies, over the years that I have ventured into. She just :roll: & :rotfl when I say something like: I need that new or latest thing that comes out on the market. But seriously "She is the BEST!!!" :love: :queen:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Invis

Postby Invis » Fri, Nov 10 2006, 08:16 AM

Teri just figures it is exercise and will keep me from seeing this guy :doc: .

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Fri, Nov 17 2006, 11:29 PM

My wife Esther says she'd rather read a book, or go for a swim while I'm flying, but I've had her flying 2'ers with me, and she has quite a collection of kites of her own!
Denver Berry
Truck Driver
Oak Ridge, TN

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Nov 18 2006, 07:32 AM

Jenny is usually frazzled by the time I come home as she's had Elie all day long at home and also takes her to work (she's a barber).

But, on those rare occasions when I get her to go with me, she's a dulie girl and there is almost nothing funnier than watching her flailing her arms and trying to keep her Beetle up...lol

The funniest time of all was handing her my LD Stunt on a windy day and watching her running across the field, screaming as she tried to keep from being pulled off of her feet... :shock:

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Nov 18 2006, 09:29 AM

Babbman wrote:The funniest time of all was handing her my LD Stunt on a windy day and watching her running across the field, screaming as she tried to keep from being pulled off of her feet... :shock:

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

prairierose

Postby prairierose » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 02:15 PM

yeah, my wife's been great :?
why do I get the feeling I never really learned the phrase "target demographic"?

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 04:01 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, you could substitute boyfriend if you wanted. :revspin:

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 07:04 PM

Significant Other...
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

prairierose

Postby prairierose » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 08:23 PM

well, my significant other is very supportive. He couldn't understand why I was so excited about kites until I had him try flying one, and now he's hooked.

denverberry

Postby denverberry » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 08:46 PM

Nicely nicely... The thing my wife Esther is really into are the decorative kites, much too expensive to take out and fly... Although, I'd love to put one of our dragons up, and a nine foot flying frog that looks like it would be very stable. If I were to damage any of those I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Other than that she loves seeing them fly, more than doing the flying. That's where the SLK's come in. Gives her time to read her book, and fly at the same time...
Denver Berry

Truck Driver

Oak Ridge, TN

Grant L

Postby Grant L » Mon, Nov 20 2006, 10:57 PM

My wife will fly a stunter if I set it up for her. She has finally gotten good enough that she rarely crashes and she can manuver the kite on the ground enough to re-launch herself :clap . She isn't into talking about kites or listening to me talk to others about kites . She did buy me a 46' gecko for our tenth wedding anniversary though :love: :love: :love:
I don't force her to go flying with me but she doesn't mind when I do fly or spend time building. She knows I need it to keep my sanity. For those who haven't been, the festival at Grand Haven is a great family event. There is great non- kite stuff to do, ( the beach, shopping in the cute stores in town..) So everyone can have lots of fun. It is something our whole family looks forward to each spring. That is the great thing about kites, usually the events are somewhere that has interesting things becides just the kites.
I always try to balance my obsesion with family needs to keep everyone happy. The fact that I am not into other sports, ( watching or participating,) helps too. With kite building/flying, I am usually at home or out getting some fresh air, ( hopefully with the whole family.) :-D

Return to “General Discussion”