LADY IN RED

The result of our kite making adventures
Hector Herrera

LADY IN RED

Postby Hector Herrera » Mon, Sep 03 2007, 10:43 PM

Whenever I get a chance, I set myself in the mood of, "I've got to do something"...and for quite some time I have tought about this design. As you can see, it has A tunnel between spars, in the hope that it will give speed, both, forward and backwards. Bridels??? maybe some kind of french stuff, but since the kite is very much different, it will be NEW BRIDLE SYSTEM...?

I feel positive that it will be a good success

Lady in Red is going to make it's debut September 16th. at Seal Beach. along with "TRIO". The stack of flat kites. (Rev. like)
Attachments
lady in red 001 (Medium).jpg
It was a hot day in California, but I was happy at work.
lady in red 001 (Medium).jpg (50.22 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
lady in red 002 (Medium).jpg
LADY IN RED.
lady in red 002 (Medium).jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Last edited by Hector Herrera on Tue, Sep 04 2007, 01:18 PM, edited 4 times in total.
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Mike

Re: LADY IN RED

Postby Mike » Tue, Sep 04 2007, 06:34 AM

That's interesting Hector. 3 spars on each side! And some are in the front and some in the back?
Is there a spar in the flat part of the bottom too?

This might be a very fast kite. I'm sure you will send us some video when it's finished :up:

This is a unique design, good luck!

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Tue, Sep 04 2007, 09:10 AM

Yes, there is a small spar that makes the ROUND SHAPE and a piece of string to hold it back. The spar in the middle I didn't really need it, but I cut the fabric straight, instead of half moon shape, then I put the third center spar to strech the fabric. When I made my first kite (avatar) I noticed that a tunnel was forming between spars and it flys fast backward, but sometimes they collaps, THIS NEW KITE has the spars to hold THE SHAPE in place. I'll send a video of the FURIOUS FLYING-LADY IN RED. (It has the club colors, did you noticed)....Ohhh...and NO BUNGIES either...except for the ones at the tip of the leading edge, it has Rubber bands...??? Lets remember that this is experimental.
Hector.
Attachments
RED (Medium).jpg
close up. curved spar.
RED (Medium).jpg (31.96 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
lady in red (Medium).jpg
close up of the tunnel.
lady in red (Medium).jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
Last edited by Hector Herrera on Tue, Sep 04 2007, 01:08 PM, edited 4 times in total.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Sep 04 2007, 10:24 AM

I see. I didn't really grasp the idea of a tunnel in the first post. This sounds like a very interesting experiment. I hope I get chance to try the kite next time I'm out your way.

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Tue, Sep 04 2007, 11:02 AM

AHHH...FRENCH BRIDLES+TUNNEL= SPEED.
SPEED+TRICKABLITY= MORE FUN...

¿CONTROL? ¿PRECISION? ¿EFICIENCY? ¿WHO CARES?,...MÉ, OF COURSE... LET'S GO AND HAVE MORE FUN...
Sure thing Mike, It will be my pleasure and a honor to have YOU fly "THE FASTEST QUAD EVER".
Attachments
FRENCH BRIDLES (Medium).jpg
IT´S READY...time for some kite flying. "THIS COULD PROBABLY BE...THE FASTEST QUAD EVER".
FRENCH BRIDLES (Medium).jpg (66.59 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Return to “Completed Creations”