Team Flying Test

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Mike

Team Flying Test

Postby Mike » Wed, Jul 11 2007, 03:28 PM

This is a test of a little flash program.
It's the compound benefits move.
Click on the check boxes and buttons and see what it does.

hmmm, it doesn't play in this post.
Try here.

It also works on my phone. (I have a Verizon PN-820 "smartphone")

Babbman

Re: Team Flying Test

Postby Babbman » Wed, Jul 11 2007, 04:16 PM

way cool Mike...

1 suggestion... can you add check boxes to turn on and off individual kites? It might come in helpful to see how an individual kite looks when practicing solo... or when you only have 2 kites...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, Jul 11 2007, 04:34 PM

Or even better, fade the others back to about a 10% opacity so you can visualize what the one kite is doing but still know where it is relative to the others.

Looks good. :up:
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Jul 11 2007, 07:26 PM

I like the idea of fading out the other kites, but the Adobe Flash CS3 program doesn't seem to support it well.
When I use scripting to fade out the kite it then disappears from the rest animation where it tweens.
Or I haven't figured out how to do it anyway.
I could do if it was written entirely in code rather than the Flash animation program, but that would take too long to do each routine.

Since there are so many routines to do, it can't take tooooo long to do each one.

I could erase the extra kites, but I don't really see the value in it. I think it would be hard to visualize what you are doing.

A final note, it has to run on my phone. That means I can't click on the check box but have to be able to press a key on the phone.
Pressing 1-4 turns the arrows on or off. Pressing 0, toggles the step mode. 7,8,9 are back, play, forward.

I know both of you were playing around with this too. Did you come up with anything? You can have my CS3 file if you want too.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Wed, Jul 11 2007, 07:43 PM

Mike,

Feel free to post the CS3 file in the download section if you want to. We can all play and maybe come up with some other useful things. The information on you using buttons to turn on and off options is good to know for anything we do.

Flash is not liking me too much. For some reason, when I 1st installed it, I ended up with the Macromedia branded version, not the adobe version which was why I was unable to load the other project you sent. Attempting to load up the Adobe version ended with an error that caused me to have to manually register the jscript.dll file. Then, just as I was finishing up my 1st project last night, my computer took a dump. When I turned over the laptop, I was greeted with a gooey mess of dried up orange pop that 'SOMEONE' here spilled and never cleaned up... after I cleaned it all off he bottom and from under all the doors on the bottom, it wouldn't power up.

This morning, it powered up but just kept turning itself off... Now, it's working fine... So I said the hell with it and went out and flew for a while this morning (it was BEAUTIFUL at 6am)... and then for a while tonight... Now, I'm back to do something constructive...lol...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Wed, Jul 11 2007, 11:23 PM

Very Kwel Mike, you computer geeks :oops: :lol: I mean guys are too much for me. :up:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Jul 12 2007, 10:56 AM

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Jul 13 2007, 11:43 AM

The fading is a bit of pain to do.
How important is it, on a scale of 1 to 10?

A version with fading:
http://www.koryweb.com/kite/blender-4-test2.swf

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri, Jul 13 2007, 11:58 AM

I wouldn't say it's that important. It's a nice feature if it's not too hard to implement, but if not, it's fine.

IKE is on Image too!

elalmadelpiloto

Postby elalmadelpiloto » Fri, Jul 13 2007, 01:31 PM

Babbman wrote:Mike,

Feel free to post the CS3 file in the download section if you want to. We can all play and maybe come up with some other useful things. The information on you using buttons to turn on and off options is good to know for anything we do.

Flash is not liking me too much. For some reason, when I 1st installed it, I ended up with the Macromedia branded version, not the adobe version which was why I was unable to load the other project you sent. Attempting to load up the Adobe version ended with an error that caused me to have to manually register the jscript.dll file. Then, just as I was finishing up my 1st project last night, my computer took a dump. When I turned over the laptop, I was greeted with a gooey mess of dried up orange pop that 'SOMEONE' here spilled and never cleaned up... after I cleaned it all off he bottom and from under all the doors on the bottom, it wouldn't power up.

This morning, it powered up but just kept turning itself off... Now, it's working fine... So I said the hell with it and went out and flew for a while this morning (it was BEAUTIFUL at 6am)... and then for a while tonight... Now, I'm back to do something constructive...lol...

I agree with Mike! 8)

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Jul 13 2007, 02:15 PM

unless you could selectively fade a kite, fading the whole lot of them is not useful so I'd dump it.

Chris (aka Babbman)

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri, Jul 13 2007, 02:19 PM

Babbman wrote:unless you could selectively fade a kite, fading the whole lot of them is not useful so I'd dump it.

You can... You check fade, and then you can check an individual kite to unfade it and see its path. That way, the one kite you are focusing on is most prominent.

IKE is on Image too!

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Jul 13 2007, 02:30 PM

duh...

I knew that... 8)

really, I did

Chris (aka Babbman)

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Fri, Jul 13 2007, 10:52 PM

Really cool Mike.

Already in my folder.

Jim
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Return to “Quad Line Kites”