Flag City Kite Fest

Discussion about stunt kite competition and up coming competitive events
Ann

Flag City Kite Fest

Postby Ann » Thu, Jul 12 2007, 04:37 PM

For anyone who might be interested in the first competition of the season (the American Kitefliers Association "season" runs from August 1 - July 31), here is a note from Spencer Schubbe who is putting together the Flag City Kite Fest:

"Just a reminder that the Flag City Kite Fest will be taking place August 18th and 19th at Findlay Ohio. Flag City is a competitive event for Sport Kites and Fighters and will be unlike events you may have attended before. On Saturday we will be running all of the Ballet events and as many demos as possible. If you want to show your stuff this is the place. Because the event runs in conjunction with the Flag City Balloon Fest there will be plenty of spectators. Regardless of your skill level you will be able to thrill these folks so don't be shy. We intend to have a "Peoples Choice" selection for the spectators to decide on their favorite flier. The favorite will receive a worthwhile prize. From past experience we know that "Learn to Fly" is a big hit in Findlay, so if your talents are in teaching, ( or putting broken kites back together) we will can use your help. By the way Fighter Kite pilots, we would sure like to see fighter demos, learn to fly etc. Registration for competitive events is $10, $5 for fighters at the field on Saturday.

This would be a good time to book reservations for lodging. A good Web site to investigate local rooms and campgrounds is www.visitfindlay.com . If there is interest, I have word that it may be possible to reserve a block of rooms at the Extended Stay Deluxe (formerly Hawthorn Suites) they will offer a rate of $65.99 plus tax. If you're interested let me know , I will take that number of responses and reserve the block.

Details about the location of the event is on the AKA calender ."

Thanks everyone!

Ann Vondriska

Return to “Competition”