Indoor Rev Spars?

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
TeamTrejo

Indoor Rev Spars?

Postby TeamTrejo » Sat, Jun 23 2007, 10:06 PM

I just picked up an indoor Rev. Looks to be in new condition. The spars are two wrap, "Professional Use Only". Is this correct? Is there such a thing as "Indoor Use Only" spars?

Thanks

Mike

Re: Indoor Rev Spars?

Postby Mike » Sat, Jun 23 2007, 10:19 PM

2 wrap is correct. They should be skinnier than your other Rev spars, i.e. less than 1/4".

TeamTrejo

Postby TeamTrejo » Sun, Jun 24 2007, 08:41 PM

OK, thanks Mike.

I was a little confused. The spars on the Indoor were labeled the same as the two wrap frame on my B-series but I see now they are much skinnier. Shouldn't they be labeled differently? Do they enjoy making me crazy with this stuff? :wink:

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sun, Jun 24 2007, 09:32 PM

I run into this all the time in the controls industry...

Instead of labeling things in an orderly fashion, things get fancy sometimes..

I wish they would label them:

2 wrap
3 wrap
4 wrap

instead of

Professional Use Only
Ultralight
Revolution Equipped

The indoor is a completely different beast compared to the rest of the Revs. A fantastically light touch and all 4 lines taunt is the way to fly it...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

awindofchange

Postby awindofchange » Mon, Jun 25 2007, 12:57 PM

Actually they should be "The Advantage 1.5 - professional use only" for your indoor. These rods are skinnier than the standard 1/4" two wrap rods in your Barassi. The indoor should have "Inserts" instead of "end caps". The inserts go inside of the smaller rod with a very skinny bungee, unlike the end caps that fit over the 1/4" rod on your B-series. The correct indoor rods are also a bit more fragile than the 2 wrap rods in your B.
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

elalmadelpiloto

Postby elalmadelpiloto » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 05:58 AM

Hi friends,
Bad news about old frames. To my experience Rev Indoor flies wonderful, perfect with the old one, not the same as new spars.
So, business are business.
Good winds

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Dec 19 2007, 07:26 AM

If enough fliers complain, I expect Rev will have to make them again. They may charge more for them though.

elalmadelpiloto

Postby elalmadelpiloto » Thu, Dec 20 2007, 07:00 AM

Hi kite-mates,
We was talking John about this issue in Argentina. The question is: What about the sail tunnel wiht new frame? What about the responsive in fly? The frame curve is the same as the old thin frame? In my opinion the weight is not important, because we can solve it walking, runing or moving arms faster.
Also, I think that no problem for newer flyers, but experience flyers are going to feel the difference, (we flew with old one). So, the Revolution´s decition was no make the thin frame
by now; they must it have analyzed in depth, costs included.
Good winds

Return to “Quad Line Kites”