Wanted Killer Photo

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Draftnik

Wanted Killer Photo

Postby Draftnik » Thu, May 31 2007, 11:10 AM

We could use a killer photo of a kite festival to promo the one here. If anyone has some to share I'd 'preciate it. Otherwise I'll just direct the graphic artists to the albums here.
TTFN,
Draftnik

TheBigKiteGuy

Re: Wanted Killer Photo

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Thu, May 31 2007, 07:38 PM

I literately have several thousand images of kite festivals, you need to be more specific. What type of kites flying, people, does it need to be able to be mistaken for DeKalb?
Alan Sparling

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Thu, May 31 2007, 09:12 PM

The Osewgo pics are similar to ours, only no soccer fields ;-) They may just use some of those. I could use a pic (or video) of your barrel too-I got the ones off your website. I anticipate having to answer some questions on how we intend to use a vehicle to stake that thing. Having a close up on that might help answer those questions if you have one.

Will a semi work for a stake, and is the trailer needed too?

(Target Dist is in town here and that be way cool to have one of them on board!)
TTFN,

Draftnik

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Thu, May 31 2007, 10:49 PM

A semi tractor should be fine.

I will try to put something on a CD tomorrow night
Alan Sparling

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Jun 01 2007, 07:33 AM

We have family coming in this weekend and won't make it to Naperville. :cry: Would it be asking for trouble to have you email it to me?

(I'd go fly your kites this weekend, and you can go deal with my family, Al. I'm sure you'd have a renewed appreciation for your festival schedule after a weekend with them. :wink: )
TTFN,

Draftnik

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Jun 01 2007, 08:16 AM

Draftnik wrote:We have family coming in this weekend and won't make it to Naperville.

I am rather devastated.... I was looking forward to seeing you guys...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Jun 01 2007, 10:45 AM

Awww. We'll miss you all too. :loveit:

You just wanna see this kite! I've baited you long enough, I'll give you this much. It's a premier kite (not a MAKR like I thought) and can be seen at http://www.premierkites.com/pages/kites/collections/13911_orangecube.html

It's a good thing I'm not superstitious, cause I'd sorta anticipted a reverent moment Sunday at Grand Haven seeing footprints in the sand and that kite in the air. When the kite did go up, my footprints had been completely erased by the wind behind me! Every last one of them. :| ButIamNot superstitious-or anything... :mrviolet: :?
TTFN,

Draftnik

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Fri, Jun 01 2007, 08:48 PM

I will have to send you a CD, the video is too big to e-mail
Alan Sparling

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Jun 01 2007, 09:12 PM

Draftnik, it's such a shame you can't be here. I'll miss you too.
Catch you at Perry Farms, maybe?

kiteguy

Postby kiteguy » Fri, Jun 15 2007, 10:39 PM

Draftnik wrote:
You just wanna see this kite! I've baited you long enough, I'll give you this much. It's a premier kite (not a MAKR like I thought) and can be seen at http://www.premierkites.com/pages/kites/collections/13911_orangecube.html

Nope, not a MAKR kite. However, Ralf, the designer, did present that kite at Ft Worden a while back.

I hear there are negotiations to get Ralf and Ralf at the same time for a couple of the retreats in the US. Not sure that will happen.
Do you want a new kite? Build one! Enjoy it three ways, planning, construction, flying.

Return to “Club Discussion”