Leading Edge

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
Jack

Leading Edge

Postby Jack » Mon, May 14 2007, 05:30 PM

I recently broke my leading edge for my rev 1.5, and I'm looking for a replacement. What would be the best spar to get, and where could I buy it.

thanks Jack

Mike

Re: Leading Edge

Postby Mike » Mon, May 14 2007, 07:14 PM

Hiya Jack!
Welcome to the forum!

Actually, it's probably better to call Chicago Kite. The phone number should be on his web page.

What spar should you get though?
As I recall you had a 1.5 SLE, that's the one with the fat leading edge spar, and two of them were broken.

When you flew my kite, I think you were flying 3-wrap "skinny" spars (1/4" diameter).

Here's what I would recommend, other members may chime in differently:
I wouldn't get another SLE leading edge. It makes the kite "twitchier" and harder to control and do quick stops.
I would get a standard 3-wrap leading edge (1/4" diameter). It's the same as the down-spars on your kite right now.
Then, as long as you're paying shipping, you might want to order a 2-wrap leading edge for light wind days.
A 2-wrap leading edge with the 3-wrap down-spars you already own would fly easier when there isn't a lot of wind.

When the wind is really strong, you're better off saving up for and flying a Vented 1.5.

When you get a little more practice flying, flying the vented 1.5 with 2 wrap spars you bought in the previous paragraph :-D on light winds days is slow & controlled precision heaven.

Let us know how it works out.

Frodos Majik

Re: Leading Edge

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, May 14 2007, 10:44 PM

Here's what I would recommend, other members may chime in differently:

and go against the quad god? :shock: :lol: I should think NOT!! :up:

Welcome aboard Jack.

I would have to say almost all of us think and feel the same way Mike does. Also it would be a GOOD idea to get both the 2 and the 3 wrap spar sets now too, trust me if you dont, you will later anyway. :wink: :wink:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Return to “Quad Line Kites”