IKE Promo Video

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Jeff

IKE Promo Video

Postby Jeff » Sun, Apr 15 2007, 11:18 PM

Babbman asked me this weekend if I could put together a short video promoting the club so that he could add it at the end of another project he's working on. I put together about a minute and a half, and I thought I'd post a copy here for you guys. The footage is basically from Sycamore, although there's a few clips from Woodridge in there too. It will be nice to get some footage on a warm sunny day...eventually. :)

Hope you like it.

[googlevideo]943781739493084714[/googlevideo]
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

TheBigKiteGuy

Re: IKE Promo Video

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 12:07 AM

Nice job, it looks better than the octopus video I am struggling with. Of course it would help if I had shot more / better raw video in France, knew the software better, or had a clue what I was doing. :shock: :lol:
Alan Sparling

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 05:06 AM

Once again, very nice Jeff! :up: You're right though, it would look better without the winter coats, and the sun shining :roll: ......
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 07:24 AM

oh man, that was great Jeff. You do wonderful work!

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 11:25 AM

Jeff!

You got the attention of the Chamber here. They want permission to use in on the website to promo the festival. They agree that some fair weather footage would be better, but with the proper permissions we'll use this for now.

:clap :bash: :clap
TTFN,
Draftnik

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 12:05 PM

Draftnik wrote:Jeff!

You got the attention of the Chamber here. They want permission to use in on the website to promo the festival. They agree that some fair weather footage would be better, but with the proper permissions we'll use this for now.

:clap :bash: :clap

Absolutely! That's great. :)

They can certainly use it.

Just to cover all our bases, Mike is the designer and therefore the owner of the IKE logo, and I'd also just like to make sure he is OK with having it reproduced. But that's what it's for, right?

Very cool. 8)

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 01:53 PM

Jeff wrote:... Mike is the designer and therefore the owner of the IKE logo, and I'd also just like to make sure he is OK with having it reproduced....

of course! This is great Jeff. Will you be able to go to the Decatur festival? Grand Haven? It would be cool to get some shots of Al's (TheBigKiteGuy) stuff in there too.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 02:14 PM

just so everyone else knows...

I'm working on a show called 'Drumshow' for Naperville Central Highschool that runs later this week... I've been doing the production video for this show for about 7 years now... the show features the top 13 kids from their percussion program and I have to say that they are all extremely talented. This is not your typical high school music concert... we seat about 800 people/show and have sold out all our shows (except 1) for the last 7 years...

they gave me permission to run a promo for IKE after the credit roll at the end of the show. Not the best placement for it but it's better than nothing. I'll be promoting Oswego as well as Naperville festivals as part of the video. I may try to sneak it in the beginning of the show but that may be impossible... The sponsors want their due... Then again... I HAVE CONTROL OF THE VIDEO!

If anyone in the area wants to come to the show, please let me know and I'll get tickets. Shows are Friday 7:30pm, Sat 3pm & 7:30pm.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 03:37 PM

That's great Babbman! Do we have your permission as well to use this for the DeKalb Fest?

Maybe, Jeff could let us know what's required for footage and we could get some more to him?
TTFN,

Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon, Apr 16 2007, 09:06 PM

Jeff, I just showed this to my wife and I have to say again what a great job you did.
It is perfect for IKE, as it shows enthusiasm!
I love the shots of the kids running out of the van, the girls skipping, the way you cut back and forth to ken and his stack flying, the pacing and length of time on each clip is just right, the music under the flippy dual line, the effects in the beginning are well done and not overdone.
I can't wait to see what you can do when we have some nice weather and a real crowd!

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Apr 17 2007, 01:19 AM

:shock: OMG :shock:

Jeff words CANNOT describe just how UNBELIEVABLY GREAT that looks!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Tue, Apr 17 2007, 04:02 PM

Jeff

What a great video! Very professional.

Jim :revspin:
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Wed, May 23 2007, 01:30 PM

Is it possilbe to get a copy of this for my computer?
TTFN,

Draftnik

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, May 23 2007, 03:00 PM

Draftnik wrote:Is it possilbe to get a copy of this for my computer?

Absolutely. I'll tell you what, though. I'm going to replace some of the shots with scenes that have sun and blue sky. Give me a couple days to get to that, and I'll put it up for a direct download with less compression.

Or, if you want that one right now, click the link that says "Link" at the bottom, and on the Google Video page there is a button on the right to download a copy of it directly.

IKE is on Image too!

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Wed, May 23 2007, 10:32 PM

Thank you Jeff. I really appreciate all you've done on this. I'll see if I can find this evasive button, you speak of, that I can't find tonight, in the morning.
TTFN,

Draftnik

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed, May 23 2007, 11:58 PM

Draftnik wrote:Thank you Jeff. I really appreciate all you've done on this. I'll see if I can find this evasive button, you speak of, that I can't find tonight, in the morning.

Go directly to the Video page...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9493084714

You can download from there.

IKE is on Image too!

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, May 25 2007, 11:44 PM

Great job, Jeff... i enjoyed it! :thanks:

It took a while to download for me.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Club Discussion”