Treasure Hunt Help

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Draftnik

Treasure Hunt Help

Postby Draftnik » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 09:50 AM

It's a b-day tradition in our house to have a treasure hunt, and the club fly Saturday is going to be on the treasure hunt path for us Saturday. I'm thinking of making the theme of this years hunt pirates I'm wondering if the Jolly Rodger was going to make an appearance Saturday? And if so, can we work outa plan to fly it at a certain time with a static dropped clue attached that I'll make up and get a chute on? Jerry Houlks little copper pieces will work for this drop, and I have mine. I could use one of our kites for this, but the kids will be watching me, and pirates are way cooler then anything we have. The Jolly Rodger would work as a signal that there's a clue nearby, so flying it before the set time will get a kiter mobbed. :lol:

I could also equip another kiter who's coming with a clue to keep in their pocket. Give the kids a clue to who it is and a password or something to get it from them.

Any volunteers? I promise cake for the whole club if we can pull this off.
TTFN,
Draftnik

Mike

Re: Treasure Hunt Help

Postby Mike » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 10:28 AM

Sounds like fun, you're making it hard on me to miss this :(

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 11:14 AM

depends on if Ken is going to make it on Saturday... When was he going to Louisville?

Sounds like fun though...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Mar 23 2007, 01:06 AM

Jolly will be there, not sure if ol' MA Nature is going to be nice to us thought. :evil: :evil: Look like Qbert should be making an appearance too. Got one leg and the cone left to put on, then the final seam. Plus bridling it. :-D

I will be in Ky. next weekend.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Mar 23 2007, 08:28 AM

<doing> Oh, this is gonna work great! I can't wait.

Mike, it's the treasure hunt that tempts you isn't it. :-) The best hunt we ever had was a coop effert on the part of my brother and sister and I for all our kids. It was totally over the top, Mission Impossible stuff, with computers, top secret mail deliveries, ID badges, code names, a trail laid out over 5 acres, and a dig at the end. The kids got so into it, that we were afraid they'd grow up believing they really were FBI agents! This years will be a two day adventure, I think they're to the stage that anticipation is half the fun. We'll see how it goes.

Looking forward to meeting Qbert! Not even off the machine and he has a name.

TTFN,
Chris
TTFN,

Draftnik

Return to “General Discussion”