T-Shirts!

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Frodos Majik

Re: T-Shirts!

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Mar 16 2007, 01:29 PM

As far as not being able to use a red shirt because of the logo... simple solution is just put a black outline around the red area of the logo. That way it will still stand out on its own. :up:

of course I responded before seeing the pictures, I kind of like the look of the white boarder around the logo. Makes it stand out even better.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Mar 16 2007, 07:02 PM

I like the white border on red too.
TTFN,
Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Mar 16 2007, 07:37 PM

But realize that at Cafepress, the red shirt doesn't have anything printed on the back. The back of the shirt is empty.
Which is too bad because they have a better way of printing now. They dye the shirt rather than do an iron-on thing like most print shops.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Fri, Mar 16 2007, 08:00 PM

There are other places that provide the same type of service on shirts

here's a few

http://www.zazzle.com/
http://www.customink.com/indexb.html
http://artapart.com/

I only had a chance to play with Zazzle but it looked like if provided better options for putting the logo on and text... I didn't compare pricing...

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Mar 16 2007, 09:12 PM

Zazzle costs a bit more, $22.45 for a red shirt, printing on both sides. The problem with zazzle is I don't seem to have actual sizing available. When I place an image I don't see what size it will be in inches, just how it looks on the screen. It may lead to jaggies in the image.
But at least with Zazzle we can get a red shirt and it looks good on the screen.

With the other two sites I ran into different problems I wont bother to go into.

We're probably better off working with a local vendor. The only problem is everyone has to order their shirt at the same time and I have to collect money, etc.
Attachments
zazzle--ike-shirt-front-red.jpg
front
zazzle--ike-shirt-front-red.jpg (16.87 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
zazzle--ike-shirt-back-red.jpg
back
zazzle--ike-shirt-back-red.jpg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 2767 times

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Wed, Mar 21 2007, 08:48 AM

I'll try and get prices this week for having a local shop here do these. Is this the final design?
TTFN,

Draftnik

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Wed, Mar 21 2007, 12:31 PM

The shop here in town will do these like the pics directly above (red shirts with 2 colors on the front, and one on the back) for $13 for a 6 ounce unisex T or $15 for a ladies cut T. These are either Fruit of the Loom or Hanes shirts-can't remember-preshrunk, 50-50 cotton/polyerster. Lead time is two to three weeks and I'm willing to order and distribute. Would be nice to get payments up front to cover the deposit, but if you need to mail it and promise to do it promtly, I'll trust you. Include a couple of bucks if you want me to mail it to you (US orders only), and I'll catch those I can at club gatherings.

One thing I will let them change is the spaceing of the IKE letters on the back. Graphic artists are good a designing text so it looks better then it types. I will ensure that it looks as FBI-ish as possible. Maybe the kids shirts shouldn't have the backs printed?

If we wanna go this route lets get this decided on and orders in, in the next week.
TTFN,

Draftnik

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, Mar 21 2007, 09:42 PM

i'm in! Not sure if i can make it to the next fly, as my wife says that she will, in all liklihood, be babysitting this weekend, which means i'm probably stuck here.

The red shirt with the logo looks cool! If, however, in the middle of a Festival or Fly, you guys start flying really poorly... i'm taking mine off and switching to another shirt!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 01:02 AM

The red shirt with the logo looks cool! If, however, in the middle of a Festival or Fly, you guys start flying really poorly... i'm taking mine off and switching to another shirt!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Good one Tom, and I am with you, but I really dont think we will EVER have to worry about that!! We might look a little scary and or silly at times though.

Draftnik count me in also. :up: I can have the money on saturday if you like. Price and quality sounds good.

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 05:43 AM

I like the design, but can they do them in a polo? I myself would prefer it in a polo, and am willing to pay the extra money!!
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 06:26 AM

:ditto :ditto :ditto

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 07:29 AM

And I like 100% cotton :evil:
Thanks for looking into this Draftnik. I've been wanting to check one of my local printers too. Now that I'm back home and I can check it out and we can compare.
David had also said something about getting a deal.
Is there a quantity discount?
If not, everyone can just do their own in their own town. I can post graphic files here on the board.

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 08:11 AM

I like cotton too. Now that I've checked, the shirts we've gotten before from this place are 100% cotton, and we probably outa go that route. They're nice T's. Will try and wear them to the club fly. There's a miniumum quantity of 12 at this place, I imagine it's the same with other shops. I believe we can mix and match the shirts we use so polos are an option (do you want the back printed on those too?). The website for them is http://www.theedgeus.com I didn't see an online catalog that's as complete as the in store books.
TTFN,

Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 03:30 PM

Well, here's the deal in Champaign.
Rose has used this company for school stuff and has been happy with their shirts.

If we order 25 at a time we get a good discount. It would be $10.64 each for a Hanes 100% 6.1 oz Cotton tagless T-shirt.
It would be 2 color printing on the front, so that means the red part of our logo would be the color of the shirt.
It takes them about a week after we place the order.

If you don't want a regular t-shirt, you can see what else they have here.
We would get an appropriate discount even if we mix and match various shirts and sizes.
*remember, the shirt has to be RED or our logo will look funny

SO, can we come up with an order of 25? I myself will want 2 shirts so I have one for each day of a 2-day festival. Rose will probably want one. So that's 3...

This seems to be our best deal so far. I'm willing to put it all on my MC if y'all want to PM me with your quantity and sizes. You can then pay me on receipt of the shirts at a festival or club fly.

If you need to know the price of a different shirt before ordering I can call 'em. Or if you prefer, their phone number is on the web and you can tell them we're ordering 25 shirts, 2 colors on the front and 1 on the back and get various prices of different shirts.

You can PM me with your details and I'll keep a running total here on the forum.
(I'm willing to buy a couple extra shirts to have on hand to sell later if needed to make the total = 25)

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 03:33 PM

3 for me please... t-shirt to start with... 2 large, 1 kid sized for a 5 year old...

Chris (aka Babbman)

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 04:25 PM

5 for us, and I've dropped a line to our friends too, that festival with us all summer.

Oh, would do a bandana for the dog too, if that counts!

Pry a 6/8 kids for a 5 year old.
TTFN,

Draftnik

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 04:27 PM

There is some concern about having the IKE and web address on the back for the kids shirts.
If you don't want the back of your shirt to have printing, mention it in the PM.

I'll start a new thread with the totals and all the information after Saturday. That'll give you guys at the club fly a chance to talk it over in case you change your mind about any of the details.
I'll also send out a bulk email with the info.

The total shirt count is currently at 11.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 04:43 PM

Some other prices.
Kids t's aren't much cheaper: $10.48
Hanes Silver Ladies Fitted-T: $12.79
Hanes Silver Ladies Classic Fit-T: $12.56
(Silver is a brand name, the shirt will still be red)

They said that the polo doesn't print well because of the texture. They are better off embroidered.
But if you want one printed anyway, to pick a polo at random: Jersey Spot Shield Polo, printed, would be $17.28

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Mar 22 2007, 10:35 PM

i have so many T-shirts that i can open up my own store... but i'll go for 2.
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Mar 23 2007, 01:29 AM

I will take four, yes I said 4. I need to have a few to butcher up for the really hot summer days. :twisted: :twisted:

breath on you.

-------

Ken

Return to “Club Discussion”