Mohawk X And First Practice Of Warm Season...

All about Dual Line Kiting.
Knoted4ever

Mohawk X And First Practice Of Warm Season...

Postby Knoted4ever » Mon, Mar 12 2007, 10:26 PM

Saturday, i was out flying for 5 straight hours. All 5 hours were with my new trick kite called the Mohawk X. It's a very nice kite and i did a Crazy Copter with it on the first try... though not consistently thereafter... but i'm sure i'll nail it; the CC is a trick that i've had problems with learning... but it was the kites that were a lot of the problem, i'm sure.

The Mohawk X stays rock solid in fades, and even does nice rising fades well... which are a lot of fun. The kite does YoYo Flic Flacs very well (a trick that i am very fond of, but which many kites do not do well). Anyway, i sure had a blast with the kite. It is very fluid with transitioning from one trick to another, and i became comfortable with the kite very quickly (for day one). :mrblue: This kite has Roll-bars, which are looped fiberglass rods in the back of the kite (one on each wing, from the leading edge to the trailing edge) that catch the line when one is doing tricks such as the YoYo, Lewis, YoFade, and such. It's definitely a keeper!

My wife drove out, to the local high school where i was flying and watched me for a considerable time. She was very gracious about not needing to go to the movies on Saturday... realizing that the good winds meant much to me!

On Sunday, and today (Monday), my muscles were aching pretty badly; with the long winter lull, it's been sad that those muscles weren't used as much! i flew today a bit after work (with the Mohawk) but got too aggressive in the high winds with doing tip stabs... and i broke an upper spreader. i fixed it already; it is as good as new!

Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Re: Mohawk X And First Practice Of Warm Season...

Postby Frodos Majik » Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:35 PM

Sounds Great Tom,
After being couped up all winter and going to play for FIVE hours :shock: I am sure you would have just a few sore muscles. :roll: :-)

So tell me does the Mohawk sleep next to you or does it have a bed all to its self? :rotfl :rotfl

Cannot wait to see the new tricks you will be doing at the next club fly you make. :up:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue, Mar 13 2007, 05:06 AM

Seeing as I won a Dodd Gross design dual line at MAKR, and now have TWO dualies, I think I'll have to learn some tricks :wink:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Mar 13 2007, 08:00 AM

Frodos Majik wrote:Sounds Great Tom,
So tell me does the Mohawk sleep next to you or does it have a bed all to its self?

:rotfl
It's great to have some nice weather again, I was out a lot this weekend too.
Tom, I'm looking forward to seeing you fly some of those tricks.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Tue, Mar 13 2007, 08:19 PM

You guys are cruel! :rotfl

i do not have to snuggle up with my kite to teach it wild new tricks and positions! :oops:

It wasn't an "upper spreader"... it was an upper leading edge that i broke with the kite yesterday; i must have been on "cruise control" when i typed it! (i did get to do some super fun stuff with the kite, though, before i hurt her.)
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Dual Line Kites”