*NEW DOG.STK. DESIGN*

Talk about kite accessories. Bags, Spars, etc.
Jim Foster

Re: *NEW DOG.STK. DESIGN*

Postby Jim Foster » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 08:39 PM

Hector

I once asked John if he switched his handles right to left when standing behind the kite. He smiled and said "Yes I do".

Three other things:
1. I think the rings should be very close to the ground, say, six inches or so. That will have less leverage gainst the stake.
2. I might put the rings in a horizontal position rather than verticle. If horizontal, the line friction will be the same no mater if the kite is right or left of the flyer. In a verticle position the friction is increased or decreased depending on the direction the kite is flown. May not make any real difference, just a thought.
3. John used a vented kite nearly all the time sith his stake.

In any event, you might want to go to your local sports outlet and get a mouth piece. You know the kind boxers use? Dog staking looks like an easy way to loose some front teeth. :lol:

Where did you fly today?

Jim
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 08:50 PM

How about a football helmet with the IKE logo on both sides? :LogoRevAni: :rotfl :rotfl That would really draw a crowd!!! :shock: :shock:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 09:32 PM

Allrigh...allright...I can hear the laughing allready... :rotfl
Wait till you see the first video of this challenging fun done at Seal Beach, and I promise you that a year from now, I will be one of the best dog stakers in the whole USA. :up:
One thing I realised today is: I will have to buy me one of those Revolution kites, the one I made is not that good for this kind of kite flying. I'm gonna get me a vented. 8)
Any one selling a used one in good shape? :roll:
Otherwise I'm gonna have to start saving for A NEW REV. :up:
Last edited by Hector Herrera on Sat, Feb 10 2007, 10:41 PM, edited 2 times in total.
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 09:36 PM

[quote="Jim Foster"]Hector

I once asked John if he switched his handles right to left when standing behind the kite. He smiled and said "Yes I do".

Three other things:
1. I think the rings should be very close to the ground, say, six inches or so. That will have less leverage gainst the stake.
2. I might put the rings in a horizontal position rather than verticle. If horizontal, the line friction will be the same no mater if the kite is right or left of the flyer. In a verticle position the friction is increased or decreased depending on the direction the kite is flown. May not make any real difference, just a thought.
3. John used a vented kite nearly all the time sith his stake.

In any event, you might want to go to your local sports outlet and get a mouth piece. You know the kind boxers use? Dog staking looks like an easy way to loose some front teeth. :lol:

Where did you fly today?

Jim[/quote

I went to Seal Beach, and that tought about having the device horizontal, sounds interesting...Hmmm
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 09:49 PM

Hector

The holes in the rings look to be a couple of inches across. Perhaps you could try putting the device in a horizontal position and driving two hold down stakes right through the holes and use a couple of tie wraps to hold the device up forward against the stakes, just to try it out without making any serious modifications.

Jim
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 10:06 PM

Jim Foster wrote:Hector

The holes in the rings look to be a couple of inches across. Perhaps you could try putting the device in a horizontal position and driving two hold down stakes right through the holes and use a couple of tie wraps to hold the device up forward against the stakes, just to try it out without making any serious modifications.

Jim

Very well tought Jim, Thanks. I will do that next time. I hope by next weekend I will have the new 150 feet line set, exclusively for this Dog Stake thing, and who Knows??? I might take away some of the income tax refunds money for my new Revo. kite...!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I apreciate your comments, ideas, and everything to help this SEMI-PROFESSIONAL kite Flyier.
Hector Herrera
The Guatemalan KiteFlier.
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

Return to “Accessories”