STUNT KITE LINE

It's not just string any more. Talk about lines and line sets and anything else associated with them.
MOWER MAN

STUNT KITE LINE

Postby MOWER MAN » Sun, Feb 04 2007, 08:30 AM

HELLO FROM OHIO,
I JUST BOUGHT A TWO LINE STUNT KITE CALLED CHERRY BOMB FOR BEGINNERS,IT COMES WITH DACRON LINE,80lb, 80ft IS THAT GOOD LINE OR SHOULD I GET ANOTHER KIND?

Mike

Re: STUNT KITE LINE

Postby Mike » Sun, Feb 04 2007, 04:18 PM

I'm not a dual line guy so I can't give a definitive answer. But on quad kites, a spectra line makes big difference and is much better.
For those not familiar with the cherry bomb, here is a review.

MOWER MAN

Postby MOWER MAN » Mon, Feb 05 2007, 07:52 AM

HI MIKE,
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE,I SURE APPRECIATE IT.

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Mon, Feb 05 2007, 09:43 AM

good morning

spectra line is going to be your best bet for flying stunt kites we carry shanti best on the market

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Wed, Feb 07 2007, 05:33 PM

Yeap... Shanti is definitely what i would recommend! :up:
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

awindofchange

Postby awindofchange » Wed, Feb 07 2007, 07:38 PM

Kite line can be compared to tires on a car. Where a good bias-ply will work just fine, it wont give you near the performance that a good high performance radial tire will. The same can go for kite line. Your Dacron line that is supplied with the kite will work ok for you for just flying the kite around and having fun, the strength should be more than enough for your kite as well. You will get a much better performance from your kite by switching your line out for a high grade spectra line such as Shanti or Laser Pro. Dacron line will have stretch in it and (for a given weight) will be larger in diameter giving more drag as your kite flies through the air. Spectra line has no stretch which will direct your inputs on the kite instantly and give you a much more solid feel when flying, it is also smaller in diameter (per weight) which will give less drag. Some may argue that it is not necessary for the higher performance line...the same goes for tires on a car, maybe it is not necessary to get a high performance tire for your car. But if you want the best performance out of your kite then the better line is what you will need to accomplish that. Once you fly on a high quality lineset you will have a really hard time going back to standard lines.

My suggestion for you is to fly what you have, enjoy, have a fun time. Once your lines start to wear or if you get any damage on them upgrade to a high quality lineset.

BTW, the Cherry Bomb is a great kite! :up:
Happy Winds!
Kent
www.awindofchange.com

Return to “Lines”