January Club Fly--when?

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Knoted4ever

Re: January Club Fly--when?

Postby Knoted4ever » Thu, Jan 25 2007, 06:04 PM

Invis wrote:I'm planning on wearing a Knotted 4 Ever discuise so the local authorities will leave me alone!
Invis (except when on the soccer field)

:mrblue: Where are you going to find a costume that ugly?

If the cops come, i think i'll tell them to go fly a kite!

i think it may be that the police realize... and probably the rest of society concurs... that all quad fliers should be arrested!

A Current National Weather Service forecast:

Saturday...Mostly cloudy. A chance of flurries. Highs in the upper 20s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Actually, that's not too bad, though it would be better if the winds were less enthusiastic. Another site put 15 to 20 mph winds for Saturday.

from Wallace Stevens:

TO THE ROARING WIND

What syllable are you seeking,
Vocalissimus,
In the distances of sleep?
Speak it.
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu, Jan 25 2007, 06:36 PM

Jeez, I hate cold weather! If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't even leave the house! Now you've got me going out in sub-freezing weather to fly kites.
Though I am looking forward to seeing all the new kites you sewers have made.
And I need to get some practice in. At last count, it looks like a dozen folks are doing a mega-rev fly in H.B. next month. Some of the quad-heads are flying in from Canada even.

And it's the dual-line trick guys that will be arrested anyway. All that flopping around with your kite makes you look drunk and disorderly. :P
Remember what happened in Grand Haven, Tom.

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu, Jan 25 2007, 07:12 PM

Sorry folks, I won't be there either. :cry: (I can wire money to post bail though :rotfl )

I will be there in spirit :up:

Hey Babbman, give me a call if you want to bring the IKE flag! I'll drop it off to you tommorrow!

:!: Also, Babbman, grab a copy of the Herald Country Market, I want to frame it and hang it in my living room!!!!! :!:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Thu, Jan 25 2007, 09:07 PM

Mike wrote:Jeez, I hate cold weather! If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't even leave the house! Now you've got me going out in sub-freezing weather to fly kites.
Though I am looking forward to seeing all the new kites you sewers have made.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
sew·er 1 (sōō'ər) Pronunciation Key
n. An artificial, usually underground conduit for carrying off sewage or rainwater.

sew·er 2 (sōō'ər) Pronunciation Key
n. A medieval servant who supervised the serving of meals.

sew·er 3 (sō'ər) Pronunciation Key
n. One that sews: a sewer of fine clothing.

:rotfl

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Fri, Jan 26 2007, 12:50 AM

Draftnik and Chris, so sorry to hear that you guys are going to miss the fly in this weekend!! :cry: :cry: Wont be the same with out you youts. Spirits just aren't the same as live action.

I got a bunch of warm weather gear for xmas, so I guess I will be able to find out just how well it will perform. Mike I will bring a EZ up with 2 walls to help out with the shelter, would bring a portable fire pit, thought I dont think the local law enforcement would like that.

Everybody dont forget your HAND and TOE warmers from any sporting store!!! They both work VERY WELL!! :wink: :wink:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Fri, Jan 26 2007, 06:18 PM

i used to say: "If it's 32 degrees or below, i won't go kite flying." Later i said: "If it's 22 or below, i won't go kite flying." Now i say: "If it's 2 degrees or below, i won't go kite flying." Lars Fakkeldij and a lot of his friends frequently fly their dualies on the frozen Baltic Sea.

i saw the article on the Club in the Country Market Newspaper; it's very impressive! My sister-in-law mailed it to us... not knowing that i was heavily involved in it! We are now famous!... and are wanted in 13 states!

It's supposed to be around 30 degrees with winds at around 11 to 12 mph at first (around 9AM)... and then picking up more later (15 or so). i'll be there early.

Mike, actually it was toward the end of my meeting with the Grand Haven police that they enquired why i was in the area... and when i told them that i was a kite flier... they then looked spooked :shock: , like they infringed upon a celebrity or something!

from Issa (1763-1827):

Closer, closer
to paradise -
how cold.
Tom P.

Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”