AKA Club Affliation

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Barbara

AKA Club Affliation

Postby Barbara » Fri, Jan 19 2007, 07:18 AM

First of all congrats on a great looking and functioning site. With this tool your club should have a high flying future.
As part of that future, I urge you to think about joining the AKA as an affliated club. There is no charge for affliation. The AKA simply asks that 5 members of your club be AKA members. Then you need to supply the AKA with a contact name, addresses snail and email, and email contact. That's it!! You will be asked to update this information yearly.
In return, your club will be listed on the AKA web page, and listed in the magazine, all no charge to you.
AKA affliation also opens the sanctioning and insurance program to you. As a club you can receive insurance coverage for all your club flys for the entire year for only $75. Special events where you invite the public, can be insured for $75 per time.
Contact the executive director of the AKA, Mel Hickman at xd@aka.kite.org for more info and to sign up.
Oh, and be sure to tell him that I sent you!!
Looking forward to seeing many of you at MAKR.
Barbara Meyer

Draftnik

Re: AKA Club Affliation

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Jan 19 2007, 08:23 AM

Hi Barb!

I believe Mike is working on getting IKE signed into the AKA.

Looking forward to MAKR.
TTFN,
Draftnik

Mike

Re: AKA Club Affliation

Postby Mike » Tue, Jan 23 2007, 11:02 AM

Thanks for dropping in Barb.

I sent in all the forms and a check back in November. I also sent some emails, but I still haven't heard from them. I've contacted our local rep, Bob, to see if he can help us out.

Return to “Club Discussion”