Rev II Questions

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
basicbill

Rev II Questions

Postby basicbill » Thu, Jun 25 2015, 06:58 PM

Hi all,

I recently had a chance to fly an older Rev II at the Fair Oaks festival and also the one that Mark owns. It was different enough and fun so when an opportunity came to purchase a decent one used and for cheap I grabbed it.

Rev II.jpg
Rev II.jpg (146.86 KiB) Viewed 1255 times

I think Mark had his rigged on 120 foot lines and the one at Fair Oaks may have been on shorter lines. So I'm asking the Rev gurus here for some tips on line lengths, winds speeds, etc. Any tips appreciated. Planning on using this during the winter, too. Because it has the two piece leading edge for a quick set up and break down.

Bill

goestoeleven

Re: Rev II Questions

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Jun 26 2015, 04:03 AM

I don't think you need to worry much about wind speed or line length. Just fly it when you feel like flying something a bit twitchier than a 1.5 . . . you can fly it on whatever length you want or have out that day. It will pull less than a full sail 1.5, so maybe it needs a touch more wind, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BTW, I was going to make a Rev 2 stack at one point, but I don't think I will . . . . want more Rev 2s?

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Fri, Jun 26 2015, 06:42 AM

Steve, I might be interested in a Rev II
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Jun 26 2015, 07:41 AM

OK, I'll bring them the next time we get together.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Fri, Jun 26 2015, 12:00 PM

I believe that was on 120' x 90# lines when you flew it, and we had full-vent wind.

I like the color combo; it has been a favorite of mine when playing the board game "Risk". Easy to spot your armies.

We should all get some B2 team time in when we can.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Jun 27 2015, 07:14 AM

I like flying the Rev 2 in high winds. It has very little pull and a lot of speed.
Be careful of flying it with too much forward and then over-controlling it. The original Rev 2 came with slightly smaller handles, perhaps to help with over-controlling, but they aren't needed. If you find that you're struggling with control, you can also try lowering your grip on the handles.

It's a really fun kite. It has the speed of a supersonic with none of the pull.

*** unless you stack them. You'd be surprised how much a stack of 3 or more pulls.

basicbill

Postby basicbill » Sat, Jun 27 2015, 04:13 PM

I got the Rev II airborne today for the first time. 15 mph plus winds. 120 foot lines. What a hoot to fly. Mike is right, not much pull but it zips around the sky like a sportscar. Climbs like a homesick angel and I've never flown better dive stops. Zooms down and stops NOW! Seems like it had a huge wind window, too.
Rev 2.jpg
Rev 2.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 1206 times

Rev II.jpg
Rev II.jpg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 1206 times

Bill

Return to “Quad Line Kites”