*FABRICS FROM THE MAKERS*

Looking for information on fabric and framework? Discuss it here.
Hector Herrera

*FABRICS FROM THE MAKERS*

Postby Hector Herrera » Sun, Jan 21 2007, 11:19 PM

Amigos!!!
Just before Christmas I contacted Texlon, but I haven't been able to send you the proper info. I recently received some SAMPLES from Them. and I am sharing it with you.
I think the best way to find about the prices is to call to the phone number in the card and ask them to send you samples, (like the ones I have now) and prices.
When I called, I had the opportunity to speak with Nina, and I think she said $4.50 per yard. but again, you ask about anything you want your way, Nina sounded like a real nice person and she will get you the fabrics.
Okay fellow KiteFliers, that's my report.-
Hasta la vista... IKERS. :LogoRevAni: :up:
Attachments
THE CARD.JPG
THE CARD.JPG (42.28 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
fabrics for IKE.JPG
fabrics for IKE.JPG (58.36 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
NYLON RIPSTOP FOR IKE (Small).JPG
NYLON RIPSTOP FOR IKE (Small).JPG (56.88 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Chris

Re: *FABRICS FROM THE MAKERS*

Postby Chris » Mon, Jan 22 2007, 06:17 AM

Very cool Hector :up: Thanks for the info :mrgreen: I like the colored Dacron...what weight is it?
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Jan 23 2007, 12:32 AM

:ditto :thanks: :up:
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Jan 23 2007, 11:35 AM

We also need to know how wide the fabric is.
If people are interested we could try to get a group order to save on shipping costs and maybe get a further discount if we order enough.

The seconds at Kitebuilder are often $4 or $5/ yard and the width is often close to 60".

I'll be in S. Cal in a few weeks, but not in L.A. I still might be able to go pick it up at the factory and bring it back with me on the plane, saving on shipping costs.

Hector Herrera

Postby Hector Herrera » Tue, Jan 23 2007, 02:19 PM

I don't know about "at the factory".??? When I was there last time I was told that they don't sell anything there, that you have to call that number in the card. But don't let me be negative, when you get here, call me, I may be able to go with you to the factory, and we''ll take it from there. Mike, if you are in need of transportation, while in california, I can loan you my wagon (the one I use everyday) (it's insured)and I can ride to work in my old van that is just seating in the parking lot.
I'll be glad to see you around Mike. :up:
****Héctor Herrera****

*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Jan 23 2007, 02:24 PM

that's so kind of you Hector, but I'm all set--my father-in-law is already loaning us a car.
Fern will be with me for a few days as the reason we are there is for her folk's 50th anniversary. Then she flies back home and I fly kites! :revspin:

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 04:53 PM

We get all of our fabrics from Texlon. We call Nina with an order, and it is ready the next day for us to pick up. We haven't bought any fabric in a year or so, but we heard from another kite maker that Texlon now charges a $5 cutting charge for each color. Even so, if you get three yards or more, it is a pretty good deal. We just measured our material, it is 54" wide.

We have been told by other makers that the Texlon black is the best black. Others seem to be a little "off black".

Jim
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Jim Foster

Postby Jim Foster » Sat, Feb 10 2007, 05:15 PM

The lady we talked to at Texlon was Martha, not Nina. We have the address for Texlon as 555 Van Ness Ave., Torrance, CA 90501 866 624 3999 310 328 5999 8-4 M-F

The first time we visited, she gave us a short tour of the factory.

Jim
Go Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun

Return to “Fabric, Spars and Fittings”