Back in the air...

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
luke.moore

Back in the air...

Postby luke.moore » Thu, May 07 2015, 07:06 AM

I received my lines and handles from Big Mike this Monday and guess what, there was perfect flying wind. Took my new std and vented out for their first fly. Started with the vented with 2 wrap and flew that for about 30 minutes. It was my first time on a rev since my Rev2 10 years ago. It all came back to me pretty quickly. It just seemed like flying was in slow motion compared to the Rev2. Perfectly smooth, precision control that I don't remembering having on the 2. Hovering was easy both inverted and right side up after I got my leads adjusted. Had a blast. Switched to my std with a 3 wrap and had a lot more pull, faster response and a little over rotation in my controls at first, but I got it tamed down. Winds were 8-10mph'ish. Going to find a mid vent soon. Anyway, I just wanted to share and thank the whole 180 Go team for getting me back into this. It's a great way to meditate when I'm on my own and a great outdoor hobby that my family is really getting into. Sincerely, thank you guys!

Mike

Re: Back in the air...

Postby Mike » Thu, May 07 2015, 10:30 AM

Sounds like a great day!
Glad we could help you reconnect.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Thu, May 07 2015, 11:05 AM

Glad you're getting back into it. See you on the field soon, I hope.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

backdraft

Postby backdraft » Fri, May 08 2015, 02:42 PM

Great news!

Return to “Quad Line Kites”