BRAKES

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
swannie

BRAKES

Postby swannie » Sat, Mar 21 2015, 09:07 PM

I was out doing a little flying today, and I got to thinking, how do you know when you've got the right amount of brake on your lines? I know it's a subjective thing, but I'm curious what YOU'RE indicators are that things are just right?

Mike

Re: BRAKES

Postby Mike » Sat, Mar 21 2015, 09:17 PM

For me, I never want the kite to move forward unless I say so. In team flying or when flying around kids I like to be sure that even if a little gust hits, the kite won't jump forward. So I tend to more brake.
Actually, I'm lazy and almost never change my knots. I adjust by moving my hands on the handle from my index finger even with the top of the grips in most winds to my finger over the the top of the grips in light winds.

basicbill

Postby basicbill » Sat, Mar 21 2015, 09:24 PM

Having been tutored early on by Mark and Xay, I fly much as they do with a fair amount of brake. However, I feel that I have too much when I can't hold an upright hover in the center of the wind window.

Bill

swannie

Postby swannie » Thu, Apr 09 2015, 07:08 PM

I tend to fly fairly fast, which is sort of what spurred the question. I'm thinking I should try flying with more break then what I typically fly with and see what happens.

Return to “Quad Line Kites”