Assembled Kite

If you don't know what category to put your topic in, put it here!
Robbie

Assembled Kite

Postby Robbie » Fri, Dec 19 2014, 09:36 PM

Guy's, Is it alright to leave your kite assembled while at the house? I was wondering if it would hurt anything. I have friends that come over every now and then and was hoping that it would catch there eye. Trying to think of ways for exposure for the sport here at the house. Thanks
Fly High and Fly Safe

makatakam

Re: Assembled Kite

Postby makatakam » Fri, Dec 19 2014, 10:01 PM

Take the end caps off so you don't stretch out your bungees and sail material, takes seconds to put them back on. Don't keep it in direct sunlight or a room that is very bright. This will fade the colors. Otherwise, no issues.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Dec 20 2014, 12:03 AM

Mark's right about the bungies . . . .

Plus it make it easy to set up on the flying field (assuming it fits in the car assembled). I have a station wagon, so I have been known to leave them assembled between flying days . . . .

Got handles yet? :-D

Robbie

Postby Robbie » Sat, Dec 20 2014, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the help guy's!!! I think I will just store it in the bag and when people ask me about it I will set it up and show it to them. :-D
Fly High and Fly Safe

Robbie

Postby Robbie » Sat, Dec 20 2014, 01:15 PM

goestoeleven wrote:Mark's right about the bungies . . . .

Plus it make it easy to set up on the flying field (assuming it fits in the car assembled). I have a station wagon, so I have been known to leave them assembled between flying days . . . .

Got handles yet? :-D

The handles arrived today. Now if I can get a decent day I'm ready to start learning how to fly the Rev. :up:
Fly High and Fly Safe

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:34 PM

Probably still a bit too cold . . . . . hope you can get out soon. I think about this thread when I come in through the garage. I "accidentally" left some kites assembled out there when I was taking some pictures, and they've been that way for a few weeks now . . . need to take them apart (but it's too cold out there).

Return to “General Discussion”