Kite Fest In Shabbona?

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Draftnik

Kite Fest In Shabbona?

Postby Draftnik » Fri, Jan 12 2007, 08:16 PM

We recieved the offical word this week that Shabbona Lake is interested in putting on a kite festival. Competions are in consideration. Summer/Fall time frame.

Their website is http://www.shabbonalake.com
TTFN,
Draftnik

chicagokite

Re: Kite Fest In Shabbona?

Postby chicagokite » Tue, Jan 16 2007, 11:55 AM

fall would be great

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue, Jan 16 2007, 01:01 PM

Excellent!! :up: Keep us posted :mrgreen: And don't forget to volunteer IKE if any help is needed.
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

akillip

Postby akillip » Tue, Jan 16 2007, 08:33 PM

September time frame would work for us.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Tue, Jan 16 2007, 10:07 PM

I chuckle....

there are many things that I've done in Shabbona

one of the best was when our band played at Shabbona high school...

One of the worst was when our band played a biker bar down there... the hogger, I think it was called...it was interesting... we had to play from 10:00pm - 10:15pm... then from 11:00pm - 3:00am... when we asked the owner why the 10-10:15 thing, he looked us dead in the eyes and said.,.. because if you sucked, I would have told you to pack up your crap and get out!... :shock:

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Tue, Jan 16 2007, 11:22 PM

Thats a Biker bar for ya!! :rotfl

:rotfl YOU SUCK - GET OUT!!!! :rotfl
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed, Jan 17 2007, 08:59 PM

Was it anything like the roadhose the Blues Brothers played at :rotfl
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Wed, Jan 17 2007, 09:10 PM

Chris wrote:Was it anything like the roadhose the Blues Brothers played at :rotfl

Not the hogger... it was... different to say the least... rather frightening for an alternative band that was playing all of the 90's alternative songs and stuff like Peter Gabriel, etc...lol... I would say that there was a bit of staring going on..

Now MALO'S was more like the BB scene...lol.... I remember watching the house sound guy wheel himself out in the middle of one of our gigs and puking his brains out all over the back stoop...lol...

Synergy, on the other hand, was a GREAT gig and we enjoyed it quite a bit.... and often

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Thu, Jan 18 2007, 09:52 AM

Okay, here's the deal. I'm willing to be on a committee for this festival, but not chair it. If they can get a committee together, or someone else to chair we have a festival! Enthusiasm is high with my contact. He's had a dream of having a kite festival for a long time, but had no contacts to get it going. So I'm optimistic something will pull together for him.

I'm willing to be the kiter contact. They'd like to have pro competititions and will need to know the viability and reguirements of doing so. Anyone here wanna walk me through that? Sound requirements, and field requirements are what comes to my mind, anything else that needs to be considered? Dates? A contact to the pro competitors?

This will make 3 festivals for this county! Everyone involved with the festivals are very postitive about that, which is really commendable. :clap
TTFN,

Draftnik

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu, Jan 18 2007, 09:16 PM

I think it's time to contact the AKA :wink: Mel Hickman ( xd@aka.kite.org ) poked his head in here a while back, and Bob Rymaszewski ( region6@aka.kite.org ) may have some ideas on this. Just trying to help :wink:

-unknown

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”