Power blast 2-4

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
kristaps

Power blast 2-4

Postby kristaps » Fri, Dec 19 2014, 08:21 AM

Hi!
Can somebody tell me what is the diameter of vertical rods on REV power blast 2-4, and bridle dimentions?
Also if somebody have this kite, can you please post a close pictures of upper connection points of vertical spars to LE? From back, front and up.
Just at the moment my homemade power kite top connectors are holding only with one bungee loop, so it means that it have only one whole for bungee in sail.

Thanks! :up:

goestoeleven

Re: Power blast 2-4

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Dec 19 2014, 05:54 PM

I'd try Big Mike - I'm pretty sure he has a 2-4

He's Backdraft on the forum.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Fri, Dec 19 2014, 09:51 PM

I have a 2-4, and will try to post pics of what you asked for this weekend, if I can find the data cable for my camera. I believe the uprights are 1/4"; I'll check and let you know. I think the leading edge is the same design style and diameter as the Supersonic, again I will check. If you are going to bridle a home-made version of the kite and create top bungees, be aware that the bridle dimensions should only be used as a guide and the bridle will need adjustment to fit the kite you made. Also, if you didn't make it with a "roll-over" leading edge made of heavy mylar, tying the bungees as they are on the 2-4 is not necessary and will put too much strain on the sail.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Dec 19 2014, 11:59 PM

Mark 2-4 :shock:

That thing will lift you up and carry you away :jester:

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Sun, Dec 21 2014, 02:43 AM

goestoeleven wrote:Mark 2-4 :shock:

That thing will lift you up and carry you away :jester:

Yeah, I'm flying it to TI in January.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

kristaps

Postby kristaps » Sun, Dec 21 2014, 05:51 PM

makatakam wrote:I have a 2-4, and will try to post pics of what you asked for this weekend, if I can find the data cable for my camera. I believe the uprights are 1/4"; I'll check and let you know. I think the leading edge is the same design style and diameter as the Supersonic, again I will check. If you are going to bridle a home-made version of the kite and create top bungees, be aware that the bridle dimensions should only be used as a guide and the bridle will need adjustment to fit the kite you made. Also, if you didn't make it with a "roll-over" leading edge made of heavy mylar, tying the bungees as they are on the 2-4 is not necessary and will put too much strain on the sail.

Thanks a lot!

At the moment i have 2,7 m home- made REV kite, i tried it in middle strong wind it has big amount of power. Very fast backward movement, i think it goes even faster in backwards than forward. Very hard to do turns in stronger winds. It won't launch with LE up, at first it elevates one wing and only in middle of wind window i can get it move normally with LE on forward. In the air it flies o.k. just hard turns. Also it have 12 mm LE and 6 mm vertical spars. In very strong wind about 27 mph it had nearly impossible with controls, but i think it was because i should make a longer pigtails on top connecting points of bridle, so add more brake. Every turn was massive pain in extensor muscles just in seconds.

Also it have two bridle options on bottom, one for fun other for power, so when i connected in that 27 mph wind to option - power: wind straight away broke 2 vertical 6 mm spars, just on the ground while it was on LE down a second before a launch. I learned from all that experience to make bridle with extra knots for very strong winds, also i will try next time 8 mm vertical spars. The thing about this kite, i just don't get it, why it don't want to take off normally with LE up? Maybe it because of shape? Other thing is top bungees, the vertical spars are pushing connectors too much up, and doesn't matters even if i tied them very tight! At the moment there are only one loop of bungee to hold upper connectors, so that why i decided to ask about top connection of Power Blast 2-4. Also is it necessary to use bungees on top, or it could be also some strong line, tied very tight, and use only bungees on the bottom? I decided to create a new kite with 3m wing span and shape very close to Power Blast 2-4, thats why i need bridle dimensions. I hope the new kite will launch normally with LE up.

What about that mylar? I heard that material have issues and breaks after some time, i will make my kite from nylon fabrics, maybe in the middle part i will put two layers of that fabric for extra endurance. i Also i want to understand that kevlar thing, where exactly it is on kite, so i understand that at first it's LE carbon tube, than dacron pocket, than kevlar, than again dacron patch, than connector. But i don't get it, why connectors in strong winds don't rub through dacron? Or after a while on every REV kite you can see the kevlar through the hole in dacron patch?
Last edited by kristaps on Tue, Dec 23 2014, 08:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Mon, Dec 22 2014, 08:16 PM

Can't find the data cable for my camera, so won't be able to post pics. I'm not familiar with the fabric layering for the leading edge sleeve. You should get on the Revolution forum and post your questions there. Many people there have much more knowledge of kite construction than I do.
MARK

kristaps

Postby kristaps » Tue, Dec 23 2014, 03:12 AM

makatakam wrote:Can't find the data cable for my camera, so won't be able to post pics. I'm not familiar with the fabric layering for the leading edge sleeve. You should get on the Revolution forum and post your questions there. Many people there have much more knowledge of kite construction than I do.

O.K. but can you, please, give me bridle dimensions for REV power blast 2-4 and diameter of vertical spars ?

Good day,

Kristaps.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Tue, Dec 23 2014, 10:06 PM

Bridle dimensions:

IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG (205.18 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

These dimensions include the loops at the ends of ends of segments. To see where the loops are, Google Blast bridle, look at images. Segments tied as one piece are shown in different colors.
MARK

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Tue, Dec 23 2014, 10:08 PM

Sorry about the quality of that pic, did the best I could with the tools available.
MARK

kristaps

Postby kristaps » Wed, Dec 24 2014, 03:31 AM

Thanks a lot! You are very helpful.

Have a nice wind- always!

Return to “Quad Line Kites”