Just one more Rev (I think)

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
basicbill

Just one more Rev (I think)

Postby basicbill » Thu, Oct 23 2014, 06:48 PM

Today's practice was in 11 to 15 mph gusty winds. The standard sail hung in there but I kept hearing Xay's voice previously saying how nice a mid-vent is in these conditions. And I know how well my vented smooths out the bumps.

So I'm think of looking around for one over the winter. Perhaps I'll end up with new. (Hi Big Mike) But I don't think this design is available anymore. I thought I'd try the used market first in case someone had a mid-vent similar to my current designs. Here are my two. I'll post over at a couple of the other forums, also. If anyone knows of one for sale, let me know.

standard.jpg
standard.jpg (21.76 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
vented.jpg
vented.jpg (20.94 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

Thanks,

Bill

makatakam

Re: Just one more Rev (I think)

Postby makatakam » Thu, Oct 23 2014, 09:36 PM

Bill, I believe Revolution can build one for you. I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten how to do it. Contact Lolly via the Rev forum.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

basicbill

Postby basicbill » Fri, Oct 24 2014, 06:59 AM

makatakam wrote:Bill, I believe Revolution can build one for you. I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten how to do it. Contact Lolly via the Rev forum.

Thanks, Mark. I might do that.

Bill

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Fri, Oct 24 2014, 10:43 AM

A better bet is to ask Big Mike to check with Lolly.

You might also check with Dave at Kite Connection ... he had a barrel (literally) of odd new kites at Kite Party this year. I bought a mid-vent for my son in black and red ... can't remember if it was a B-series or the style you fly.

Cheers,
Tom

basicbill

Postby basicbill » Fri, Oct 24 2014, 11:04 AM

Jeepster wrote:A better bet is to ask Big Mike to check with Lolly.

You might also check with Dave at Kite Connection ... he had a barrel (literally) of odd new kites at Kite Party this year. I bought a mid-vent for my son in black and red ... can't remember if it was a B-series or the style you fly.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks. Yes, I was thinking of having Big Mike make the inquiry for me.

I'll check out Kite Connection, too.

Bill

Return to “Quad Line Kites”