August 16 Saturday

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
basicbill

August 16 Saturday

Postby basicbill » Fri, Aug 15 2014, 05:36 PM

I can't do Sunday, but tomorrow afternoon I'll be practicing somewhere up until about 4 pm. Maybe between raindrops. Winds are forecast to be above 8 mph. I'm still a Rev rookie but have been able to consistently hover inverted and sideways. I could use some guidance from you experienced flyers.

Let me know here. Or you can call or text six three zero 842 9393.

Bill

goestoeleven

Re: August 16 Saturday

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Aug 16 2014, 05:51 AM

Bill -

I can't join you (at a festival with 180Go!), but it sounds like you are making good progress. I'm assuming if you are hovering inverted, then you can fly a figure 8 in the sky as well. Those two skills are pretty key to be able to fly in groups with others. I'd suggest working on speed control - flying a consistent speed, flying at a consistent height across the window (without losing or gaining altitude), and sliding inverted next.

Sounds like you are doing quite well for a new flyer.

basicbill

Postby basicbill » Sat, Aug 16 2014, 07:25 AM

goestoeleven wrote:Bill -

I can't join you (at a festival with 180Go!), but it sounds like you are making good progress. I'm assuming if you are hovering inverted, then you can fly a figure 8 in the sky as well. Those two skills are pretty key to be able to fly in groups with others. I'd suggest working on speed control - flying a consistent speed, flying at a consistent height across the window (without losing or gaining altitude), and sliding inverted next.

Sounds like you are doing quite well for a new flyer.

I appreciate the reply. Yes I can fly figure eights, both large and small in both directions. However, I need to practice to make them smooth and symmetrical. I'll work on the speed control, too. And the inverted slide is something I've not yet attempted. Actually any sideways maneuvering while inverted or moving backwards while sideways is beyond me currently. I have much to learn.

Thanks again and enjoy the festival.

Bill

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Sat, Aug 16 2014, 10:26 AM

Steve, have fun at Dieppe, post pics.

Bill, might join you today at East Side. Will call you.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

basicbill

Postby basicbill » Sat, Aug 16 2014, 12:05 PM

Great.

Bill

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”