And the Addiction begins...

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Mytoyz

And the Addiction begins...

Postby Mytoyz » Sat, Aug 03 2013, 05:37 PM

So I walked in to my favorite crack dealers shop, I mean kite shop, today and walked out with a Barressi B series sparkling new Purple and whites Rev today. (dammit Trigger, and your lure. It was like Candy from a guy in a white van when you gave me those handles.) so anyhow, it came with three sets of rods, handles and line and everything I need to terrorize beach goers tomorrow at the Dunes. If anyone is up for it, we will be there around 10:00. Giddy as a kid on Christmas eve, I may go to the school field tonight after wife goes to work....SHHhhhh. don't tell her. :o)

Dennis
Blue skies and Steady Winds

Mike

Re: And the Addiction begins...

Postby Mike » Sat, Aug 03 2013, 06:30 PM

Very exciting! Congrats!

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Sat, Aug 03 2013, 06:44 PM

Good for you. I've been toying with buying an EXP for a few months now. Now that I know Swannie is almost literally in my backyard, I think I have more incentive to get one.

I just got back in from trying to fly my dualie and Gomberg Ghost, but I missed the wind. Hopefully I'll be able get a Rev in time for the IKE retreat.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Aug 03 2013, 06:59 PM

I think I will talk to the wife about a road trip to the dunes. . . . Might be able to make it tomorrow.

swannie

Postby swannie » Sat, Aug 03 2013, 08:36 PM

TMadz wrote:Good for you. I've been toying with buying an EXP for a few months now. Now that I know Swannie is almost literally in my backyard, I think I have more incentive to get one.

I just got back in from trying to fly my dualie and Gomberg Ghost, but I missed the wind. Hopefully I'll be able get a Rev in time for the IKE retreat.

Have you flown quad before? You're welcome to borrow my SLE. Since I got my B series I really only use it to stack these days...

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Sat, Aug 03 2013, 09:11 PM

swannie wrote:
TMadz wrote:Good for you. I've been toying with buying an EXP for a few months now. Now that I know Swannie is almost literally in my backyard, I think I have more incentive to get one.

Have you flown quad before? You're welcome to borrow my SLE. Since I got my B series I really only use it to stack these days...

Shari and others have been kind enough to let me try out theirs, but I have minimal time on them. I'm be starting from scratch.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Sat, Aug 03 2013, 10:06 PM

I was so happy to get that text! Don't worry if the first time out doesn't go well(mine didn't). At least you have some quality time behind the handles. feel free to call me if you need anything!

if 11 goes...you won't be needing anything and you'll see how its done! I still get to put a notch in my race rods though! :)

I'm trying to figure out how i can get everyone to go to Indy dunes tomorrow instead of Warren... HMMMM. May have to BEG AND PLEAD! We are bringing another family with us though, may be a abit long of a drive for everyone. I'll try though. winds around here were looking Northerly.. hope you get those too!

Tmadz,
DO IT! you know you want to!!! :) I rode the wind right after work but then lost them when i headed out to the lake. Still got the Zephyr out today for about an hour. Took the Rev out to the sand bar and flew it. I'll try to post pics.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Aug 04 2013, 09:37 AM

Packing the car for the dunes . . . three SLKs, a dualie, and maybe a Rev if I can find a place for it . . . . ;-) I don't know if I'll be able to find room for a rev . . .

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Aug 04 2013, 10:44 PM

Not sure what happened . . . it seems David and I were the only IKErs there . . . but my son and I did get to fly a bit of team together.

Very nice wind, vented all afternoon. Had a rok up in the air with a wind wheel. So, it's all

IMG_20130804_161332_840 cropped small.jpg
IMG_20130804_161332_840 cropped small.jpg (106.1 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Mon, Aug 05 2013, 11:54 AM

I thought i saw a miss. I was up at warren dunes representing. I could see the chimneys from indiana dunes. wondered how it was going. winds were great all day. we were going with friends so i couldnt talk them into the drive to Michigan City.

glad u had fun

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Aug 05 2013, 12:22 PM

Trigger wrote:I thought i saw a miss. I was up at warren dunes representing. I could see the chimneys from indiana dunes. wondered how it was going. winds were great all day. we were going with friends so i couldnt talk them into the drive to Michigan City.

glad u had fun

Trigger, no problem. I was just a bit down that I didn't have any IKErs to play with . . . but it's all OK. I got to spend the day with my son, and he flew with me and a bit by himself on my 40ft line set, so that's even better. Sometimes he gets left out and has less fun when I'm busy flying with other folks, so it's probably better that we had the day for just the two of us. I'm hoping to get some more practice with him in the next few weeks . . .

Glad you had a good day up at the Warren Dunes.

Mytoyz

Postby Mytoyz » Mon, Aug 05 2013, 07:39 PM

goestoeleven wrote:Not sure what happened . . . it seems David and I were the only IKErs there . . . but my son and I did get to fly a bit of team together.

Very nice wind, vented all afternoon. Had a rok up in the air with a wind wheel. So, it's all

IMG_20130804_161332_840 cropped small.jpg

Sorry guys, mother in law got put in hospital and figured it in my best interest of my health to not wine about not being able to fly Sunday. I did get about an hour at the school field to string up and try my new B series rev I bought Saturday. Will try again soon. This weekend is booked up, but I am going to start a thread for August 17th or 18th at the dunes.

What size wind wheel is that in the pictures? Looks nice. What type of sky anchor was holding it up?
Blue skies and Steady Winds

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Aug 06 2013, 07:39 AM

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. I hope she gets well soon.

I think the wheel is about 5 or 6 feet across but I'll have to look at the label to see. I was using a six or seven foot Rok to lift it.

I probably can't make the weekend of the 17th but am considering starting a thread for flying downstate at Champaign on the 11th, since a bunch of the 180go people are down that way.

Return to “Club Discussion”