Officially on the dark side!

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
KiteVoice

Officially on the dark side!

Postby KiteVoice » Sun, Jan 13 2013, 06:26 PM

Well, I'm officially on the dark side now. My new Rev. had its maiden flight in my hands Jan. 12. Big thanks to Mike for giving me a Rev lesson and letting me fly one of his kites for a few hours at the IKE retreat in Sep. 2012. Without that experience, my first flight with my new kite would have been far less successful.

http://vimeo.com/57333473
I decided I needed a signature line, so I wrote this.

Mike

Re: Officially on the dark side!

Postby Mike » Sun, Jan 13 2013, 08:21 PM

Wow, I'm a good teacher! Seriously though, that was really good for a novice flyer. I look forward to flying with you again.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:51 PM

Welcome to the dark side . . . . nice maiden flight!

Better set aside more funds for the kite budget this year! Pretty soon, you'll "need" a vented and other variations . . . .

Hope to get to fly with your soon.

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Mon, Jan 14 2013, 08:01 PM

Yay! Another one who couldn't resist the pull of the dark side. Welcome, soon will be able to have 20 kite megaflies at a club fly.

Shari

Postby Shari » Mon, Jan 14 2013, 08:39 PM

Wow :eek Great Job!!!! Simply beautiful! And to Mike...a big APPLE for the teacher.
Everything seems so much better when the sky is filled with beautiful colors.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Mon, Jan 14 2013, 11:10 PM

Very cooool! Brings back memories, all good ones. Nice job -- and it gets better and more fun and more kites and more fun and better and......more, more, more.

Looking forward to flying again with you soon. Get out when you need a fix and even when you don't.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Tue, Jan 15 2013, 05:01 PM

Very nice! I would love to get together soon. Do you have any time off during the week? I usually have thursdays off. I could come there or meet in the middle. The winds have been pretty consistent around here.

KiteVoice

Postby KiteVoice » Wed, Jan 16 2013, 10:25 PM

Trigger wrote:Very nice! I would love to get together soon. Do you have any time off during the week? I usually have thursdays off. I could come there or meet in the middle. The winds have been pretty consistent around here.

Getting together to fly sounds fun. I can rarely get away during the business day, though ... clients keep me too busy!

If we ever decide to meet half way, it looks like that would be somewhere around Ligonier, Syracuse or Goshen, Indiana. Or maybe LaGrange (not between us but roughly equidistant). Unfortunately, I know nothing of any potential flying fields in any of those areas.

I'm not terribly interested in cold-weather flying, either. If it's cold, I'd rather be downhill or cross-country skiing than kite flying.

Trigger

Postby Trigger » Thu, Jan 17 2013, 02:11 PM

I have a friend in goshen, i will inquire about large open fields. I think they have a huge fair ground!

I just did 3 oil changes outside this morning in 30degrees.... you bet your rear i am going to fly this afternoon when the wife gets home(needs to watch the boys) :-)

Where do you ski? I want to get my son out this year. Probably swiss valley. Small little dump turned s.w. michigan ski resort :-)

KiteVoice

Postby KiteVoice » Thu, Jan 17 2013, 02:46 PM

Trigger wrote:Where do you ski? I want to get my son out this year. Probably swiss valley. Small little dump turned s.w. michigan ski resort :-)

For downhill, my buddy and I usually go to Kalamazoo. Our favorite of the two areas there is Bittersweet, because it has more variety of terrain and a high-speed, detachable quad lift.

For cross-country, Peggy and I have our own gear and ski in parks around here, when there's enough snow ... which there hasn't been, so far this winter! Sometimes, we'll take an overnight trip to Holland, because there's a nice county park there with groomed x-c trails.

And sometimes, we'll do a weekend at Crystal Mountain near Traverse City. They have good skiing for both downhill and x-c.

I've skied at Swiss a couple of times. We can get to Bittersweet with less than an hour of additional driving, and we think it's worth the trip vs. Swiss.

Return to “Quad Line Kites”