Quick fly - 9/22/2012

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
makatakam

Quick fly - 9/22/2012

Postby makatakam » Sat, Sep 22 2012, 01:33 PM

Flying at Busse Woods this afternoon about 2:30 pm with Karl. Anyone is welcome to join us! North entrance off of Golf Rd.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Re: Quick fly - 9/22/2012

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Sep 22 2012, 10:36 PM

Didn't see this until too late . . . but I couldn't make it anyway. Too much to do today. I actually drove by there about noon on an errand and there was a guy flying a dual line foil.

Did you have a good day flying? There was lots of wind.

makatakam

Re: Quick fly - 9/22/2012

Postby makatakam » Sun, Sep 23 2012, 07:52 AM

Wind was good, full vent, 3-wrap and full sail 4-wrap towards evening. Karl has been poking around the IKE forum a bit, just looking around. I told him to register and join in. He flies a Prism Quantum and 1.8 Snapshot. He tried my full-vent and did extremely well for a novice quad-line pilot -- an unbelievable zero crashes! Hover and back down with no problem, left and right turns within ten or fifteen minutes. He definitely needs a quad in his kite bag. Unfortunately his work will keep him on the road for the next couple or three weeks and he won't be able to join us at the retreat.

Wish you could have joined us for some good-wind flying. If you can get out to fly today give me a call. (224.227.0638) The wind was already pretty decent at 7:00 am this morning. If not, I'll see you at the retreat.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”