Make an Easy $300 on Sept 1-2

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Mike

Make an Easy $300 on Sept 1-2

Postby Mike » Thu, Aug 23 2012, 04:37 PM

Hey y'all
I've been contacted by a publicity/talent agency:
My name is Farryn Bowles and we are a staffing company. I have a client looking for experienced Kite Fliers in Chicago for September 1 and 2 from 11am-5pm paying $150 a day. We are looking for kite fliers to fly and promote the Cartoon Network series “How to Train your Dragon”. Can you help me or point me in the direction of someone that can? I need to hear back asap please.

Here's some more info:
the kites are small, commercial SLKs, probably Gayla type stuff.

You'd do a little over-the-phone training and then fly the kites near Navy Pier (at Gateway Park) each afternoon. They will teach you enough so that you can talk about the TV program to curious passerby.

They are looking for outgoing types that will also wear this costume:
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (9.38 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (2.68 KiB) Viewed 2286 times

If you're not going to Two Rivers and are interested, post here.
I told her I would get back to her tomorrow.

goestoeleven

Re: Make an Easy $300 on Sept 1-2

Postby goestoeleven » Thu, Aug 23 2012, 08:13 PM

Normally when I see threads that are about "make easy money" on any forum, I assume they are spam :evil: . However, this is the real deal :up: for anyone who can promote How to Train Your Dragon :c8l: while flying a dragon kite :-D while wearing the costume :shock: NTTAWWT. . . . . but I don't think I quite have the right physique to pull off that look, although I'm sure people would notice me . . .

Shari

Postby Shari » Thu, Aug 23 2012, 11:16 PM

Steve...you can totally pull it off. And the best part is you know tons about kites. I would love to do it if it wereany other weekend that is.
Everything seems so much better when the sky is filled with beautiful colors.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Thu, Aug 23 2012, 11:23 PM

C'mon Shari . . . . pleeeeeeeeze . . . . you and Mikey would look great in those outfits . . .. . I might actually do it if they will let me have my daughter and her friends work the event. My daughter's into theater, so it might actually interest her and some of her friends.

I don't think you have to know tons about kites. Mostly you have to say how great the HTTYD cartoon show will be. Actually, David's watched at least one or two episodes on the On Demand channel, and it looks OK.

I think we all have the same conflict - Two Rivers / KOLM.

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Aug 24 2012, 07:47 AM

I've been lifting weights all morning (not) but I still don't quite look like that guy in the photo.
They did mention that you could wear shorts underneath the costume :)

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Fri, Aug 24 2012, 06:05 PM

Mike wrote:I've been lifting weights all morning (not) but I still don't quite look like that guy in the photo.
They did mention that you could wear shorts underneath the costume :)

That's because you have a head on your shoulders.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Aug 28 2012, 08:23 AM

I'm not going to be able to do this event after all . . . due to other plans that came up for the weekend, that will prevent my professional Viking kite pilot debut - but still involve flying kites (KOLM) and a costume (KOLM t-shirt).

They have posted over on the AKA web site here. They still need eight people . . . and they are saying that two can be wearing shorts and a T-shirt that they provide. If that's the case, if you can round up seven friends . . . . you can be the kite consultant for the other seven. You'll just have to train them to fly small SLKs before the event :up: .

illescasd

Postby illescasd » Wed, Aug 29 2012, 11:05 AM

Greetings from Santiago del Estero, Argentina,

I could maybe make the 2nd date as I come back on Saturday. Down here I've been flying duals, SLK's & quads along the "Miske Mayu" AKA Rio Dulce. Pictures to follow.
:piratecap:
David
"Don't bend the spoon, bend the space around it,,,"

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, Aug 29 2012, 11:25 AM

I would suggest contacting the person in the AKA thread as soon as possible. I don't know of anyone else going to the event. I think they need you to attend a conference call before the end of the week to coordinate with the client.

Return to “Club Discussion”