Germantown WI Fun Fly

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
User avatar
goestoeleven
Posts: 2316
Joined: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 09:07 PM
Location: Wheaton, IL

Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Aug 10 2012, 10:53 AM

Here's the info on the fun fly that Jynx has scheduled with the Wisconsin Kite Club this weekend (August 11th)

Jynx wrote:OFF RETREAT TOPIC (Sorry!).... :oops:

Just wanted to alert you/s... in case anyone was planning on coming up this Saturday to attend the Germantown Fun Fly (August 11th).

THE LOCATION HAS CHANGED! The new location is:

Kinderberg Park
N104W14942 Donges Bay Rd.
Germantown, WI

...and now back to your Previously Scheduled Topic... :thanks:


Jynx - can you share info about what time folks might be starting? All day?

User avatar
Jynx
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat, Sep 13 2008, 06:55 PM
Location: West Allis (Milwaukee) Wisconsin

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby Jynx » Fri, Aug 10 2012, 12:40 PM

goestoeleven wrote:Here's the info on the fun fly that Jynx has scheduled with the Wisconsin Kite Club this weekend (August 11th)

Jynx wrote:OFF RETREAT TOPIC (Sorry!).... :oops:

Just wanted to alert you/s... in case anyone was planning on coming up this Saturday to attend the Germantown Fun Fly (August 11th).

THE LOCATION HAS CHANGED! The new location is:

Kinderberg Park
N104W14942 Donges Bay Rd.
Germantown, WI

...and now back to your Previously Scheduled Topic... :thanks:


Jynx - can you share info about what time folks might be starting? All day?


:thanks: for posting this! :up:

The fly begins at 11am and we've planned a casual dinner afterward at a local restaurant (details to be shared at the fun fly). Hope to see a few of you there! If you're unable to attend tomorrow's get-together... we will be scheduling more fun-flys in the future! (I'll keep you posted!)
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

User avatar
goestoeleven
Posts: 2316
Joined: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 09:07 PM
Location: Wheaton, IL

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Aug 11 2012, 09:36 AM

Road trip! 118 miles!

User avatar
Jynx
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat, Sep 13 2008, 06:55 PM
Location: West Allis (Milwaukee) Wisconsin

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby Jynx » Sat, Aug 11 2012, 09:10 PM

goestoeleven wrote:Road trip! 118 miles!


:thanks: For making the trip up nort der! ...Was so nice to see you and David! ....Moderate winds :-| but REALLY Good Times!!!!

BTW: Tell David (Thanks) I already bought the PVC and have the boards cut and ready for PVC installation... tomorrow I'll be ready for blast-off! :up:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

User avatar
goestoeleven
Posts: 2316
Joined: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 09:07 PM
Location: Wheaton, IL

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Aug 11 2012, 10:03 PM

Sure, no problem. I decided to play hooky from all the honey-do items I have around the house. More piled up while I was gone today . . .

It was good to meet more Wisconsin kiters. I hope some (or all) of them can make the trip to the retreat!

I likewise wish the wind had been a bit better, but it was still fun to get to fly a bit. I'll tell David you're hard at work on the launcher . . . he might not have told you, but all the joints are joined together with the solvent to make them airtight. I'm assuming you already had that figured out . . .

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sun, Oct 29 2006, 05:03 PM
Location: Charleston, IL

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby Mike » Mon, Aug 13 2012, 12:50 PM

Is this like the launcher they had in Davenport last year?

User avatar
goestoeleven
Posts: 2316
Joined: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 09:07 PM
Location: Wheaton, IL

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Aug 13 2012, 01:46 PM

Mike wrote:Is this like the launcher they had in Davenport last year?


Yes, it is like that one (except I think his might be powered by a compressor and mine is "kid jumping on a 2L bottle powered"). I made a couple for the cub scouts to demostrate rocketry concepts (and because it's great fun).

User avatar
Jynx
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat, Sep 13 2008, 06:55 PM
Location: West Allis (Milwaukee) Wisconsin

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby Jynx » Mon, Aug 13 2012, 11:20 PM

goestoeleven wrote:
Mike wrote:Is this like the launcher they had in Davenport last year?


Yes, it is like that one (except I think his might be powered by a compressor and mine is "kid jumping on a 2L bottle powered"). I made a couple for the cub scouts to demonstrate rocketry concepts (and because it's great fun).


..and mine is all ready for blast off! (Now to find some 2L bottles!) :jester:

Thank David for encouraging me and check out my Facebook photo... Just for him! :-D
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

User avatar
goestoeleven
Posts: 2316
Joined: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 09:07 PM
Location: Wheaton, IL

Re: Germantown WI Fun Fly

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Aug 13 2012, 11:51 PM

Sounds good - I saw the FB photo earlier but for some reason my phone wouldn't let me look at comments. I'm out of town for work, so I'll try to show it to David when I get home next weekend.


Return to “Club & Quick Flys”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest