Sunday Quick fly??

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Darkspark

Sunday Quick fly??

Postby Darkspark » Thu, Aug 02 2012, 09:19 PM

Wondering if anyone is interested in flying on sunday. I would throw saturday in there but it is going to be in the mid 90's. Sunday is going to be much cooler, mid 80's. Chime in if you are interested.

goestoeleven

Re: Sunday Quick fly??

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Aug 03 2012, 01:54 PM

Sure. Except the closest field for me on Sunday is the Manitowish Waters airport. I may go fly but I am guessing it will be solo.

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Aug 04 2012, 08:02 AM

Sorry guys, I'm all driven out. I've put a lot of miles on the last couple weeks.

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Sat, Aug 04 2012, 08:58 AM

Tony K and I are getting together at the Washington flying field on Sunday to fly SLKs. The weeds are a little too high right now for flying sport kites.

Cheers,
Tom

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Aug 04 2012, 09:36 AM

Jeepster wrote:Tony K and I are getting together at the Washington flying field on Sunday to fly SLKs. The weeds are a little too high right now for flying sport kites.

Cheers,
Tom

That sounds nice. Post photos!

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Sun, Aug 05 2012, 06:23 PM

Beautiful day for flying kites!!! Tony and I had enough kites in the air during the afternoon to have an official festival. Kites Over Washington (KOW) seems kind of fitting for the festival name ... seeing as how Washington is in the middle of farmland. Here's a pic of how the field/sky looked:

Sunday Afternoon.jpg
Sunday Afternoon.jpg (235.62 KiB) Viewed 1244 times

Cheers,
Tom

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, Aug 05 2012, 07:19 PM

KOW Wow! Beautiful!

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Sun, Aug 05 2012, 07:43 PM

...and here in Milwaukee at Veterans Park... we had crazy high, low, and swirling wind causing lousy kiting along with vampire-like biting horse flys (which are not the norm). But we also had a whole lot of flyer conversation not only about the winds and flies, but about the shocking news regarding our Milwaukee area being struck by such senseless violence today!

I could go on and on about my thoughts on today's USA violence... I'll leave that for another forum! :(
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”