Just got my new Supersonic

All about quad line kiting. If the dark side appeals to you, this is your place.
makatakam

Just got my new Supersonic

Postby makatakam » Thu, Jul 26 2012, 08:23 PM

Just got my new Supersonic to replace the one that was impounded with my car and not returned. The new one came with Magic Sticks. Is this the new norm? Old one did not have them. Both were bought new.

Can't wait to try it with the sticks!
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Jynx

Re: Just got my new Supersonic

Postby Jynx » Fri, Jul 27 2012, 12:59 AM

makatakam wrote:Just got my new Supersonic to replace the one that was impounded with my car and not returned. The new one came with Magic Sticks. Is this the new norm? Old one did not have them. Both were bought new.

Can't wait to try it with the sticks!

Magic sticks are not factory included... they are an 'after-market' item and highly recommended by Scott Weider who uses them on most of his 1.5 Revs! :up:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Jul 27 2012, 07:22 AM

Hope you get out to try it soon. Magic sticks on a Supersonic seems weird given the stiff leading edge (and the sails are not very deep), so it will be interesting to hear what you think once you get to fly it. Worst case scenario, you can repurpose the sticks for one of your 1.5s. I have a set (came with my first Rev 1.5), but I haven't used them for at least a year. I'll have to get mine out and put them back on the kite to see how they change the flight characteristics now that I might be able to appreciate the differences. I'm guessing that a year ago I wouldn't have been able to tell a difference . . .

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Fri, Jul 27 2012, 09:22 AM

The sticks then are an unexpected bonus with my purchase, lines already mounted and stand-off supports in place. I flew with Paul LeMasters at Buckingham Fountain in Chicago last year. Tried one of his 1.5 street revs there. Definitely a different feel to the kite with the sticks on it, but watching what he could do with the sticks really intrigued me. Should be very interesting since the Supersonic already does quite well the things that the sticks help a 1.5 do.

If anyone wants to try it I'll be happy to oblige. I will bring it to the Dunes in September.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Fri, Jul 27 2012, 09:02 PM

I kinda miss my supersonic. The thing just pulled too hard for me. Any one have a vented supersonic. I would love to give one of those a try.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Fri, Jul 27 2012, 09:26 PM

Darkspark wrote:I kinda miss my supersonic. The thing just pulled too hard for me. Any one have a vented supersonic. I would love to give one of those a try.

I seldom flew mine in wind over 6 mph because of the pull also, but I really like the "weird" things it did, so I had to replace the one I lost. I'll probably end up custom venting it with flaps that will cover the vents for lighter winds.

I'll try to remember to take a picture of it this weekend and post it here. It's red/blk/clr (club colors of course).
MARK

Jynx

Postby Jynx » Fri, Jul 27 2012, 09:59 PM

makatakam wrote: I'll probably end up custom venting it with flaps that will cover the vents for lighter winds.

YOU customizing a Rev?????????? ....I'm S H O C K E D ! :shock: ..... :lol:
[align=center]"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power, then there will be peace"[/align][align=center]-Jimi Hendrix[/align]

Return to “Quad Line Kites”