What's flying this week - Monday June 11 - Sunday 17th?

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
goestoeleven

What's flying this week - Monday June 11 - Sunday 17th?

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Jun 10 2012, 10:39 PM

While 180Go! drives back from ND . . . who's flying what this week?

I'm hoping to get out next Sunday (Father's Day) for some flying - maybe a repeat of last year when I flew at Greene Valley for Father's Day. I've already told my wife no presents needed as long as I can go fly a kite on Sunday. Hope to get in some other random flying this week . ..

illescasd

Re: What's flying this week - Monday June 11 - Sunday 17th?

Postby illescasd » Sun, Jun 10 2012, 10:42 PM

No kidding right? I am game after starting Wed.
"Don't bend the spoon, bend the space around it,,,"

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, Jun 11 2012, 01:56 PM

Are you guys game for Saturday? My daughter has a dance recital on Sunday. Really? Fathers day? 3-6p? You know it was moms who scheduled that one! I never get asked. I'm just told where to be and when. I won't even have time to cook baby back ribs. That is a travesty!

To hell with no presents. I am fully on board with asking for kites. I get an eye roll from the lady, but I don't care. I just tell her that I could be golfing and gone all day (and spending much more money)
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Jun 11 2012, 09:05 PM

Let's keep an eye on the weather . . . maybe both days . . .

As far as presents go . . . I've already more than taken care of my kite habit so far this year, so now I think I need to start selling some . . . (as crazy as that sounds).

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, Jun 15 2012, 05:55 PM

Haven't discussed anything with the wife . . . but who is flying this weekend? Greene Valley? Red Hawk? Sugar Grove?

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Fri, Jun 15 2012, 09:32 PM

Sunday is out. I am available all Saturday afternoon. I have something in the morning and plans at night. Let me know where you're thinking.

It's so dry out I can't get my steel kite stake into the ground.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Sat, Jun 16 2012, 09:40 AM

Available Saturday afternoon after 2p.m. Have no transportation. Anyone for Busse woods?
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sat, Jun 16 2012, 01:20 PM

I have to be home by about 3:45, so i'm thinking of a short fly this afternoon. Winds are picking up. I will probably go someplace near Wheaton today. Busse is probably a bit far for the amount of time I can get out today.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Jun 17 2012, 11:33 PM

Well, I got out yesterday for a bit of fun with a full sail Rev on 40 ft lines. Didn't get out today . . . .

Hope some of the rest of you got to enjoy a bit of flying in the last week and I hope everyone had a great Father's Day.

Stunter106

Postby Stunter106 » Sun, Jun 17 2012, 11:51 PM

Didn't get to fly this week. However I did buy my first foil this week! HQ PowerKites RUSH IV 200. Hoping for a good place to fly during a lunch break this coming week. I have primarily flown delta styles so this should be fun!!

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:26 AM

Welcome! Stunter, do you plan on landboarding at all or just looking to fly powerfoils for fun?
Last edited by TMadz on Mon, Jun 18 2012, 06:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Mon, Jun 18 2012, 12:31 PM

Hi Stunter, welcome to the club. Looking forward to flying with you soon.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Stunter106

Postby Stunter106 » Mon, Jun 18 2012, 09:10 PM

TMadz wrote:Welcome! Stunter, do you plan on landboarding at all or just looking to fly powerfoils for fun?

Looking to eventually get into landboarding and maybe buggys if I can find an open enough place. I know this is a little small for those activities, but it was the right price and I am learning how they handle before I end up over my head (or on it) if something goes wrong with the board. But for now primarily for fun :-D !

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, Jun 18 2012, 09:24 PM

Stunter106 wrote:Looking to eventually get into landboarding and maybe buggys if I can find an open enough place. I know this is a little small for those activities, but it was the right price and I am learning how they handle before I end up over my head (or on it) if something goes wrong with the board. But for now primarily for fun :-D !

Cool. I'm not sure what kind of land there is for buggy around there, but I'm thinking of trying the same thing. Try out a large foil as a precursor to landboarding. I figure it has to be less dangerous than skydiving.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, Jun 18 2012, 10:22 PM

TMadz wrote:
Stunter106 wrote:Looking to eventually get into landboarding and maybe buggys if I can find an open enough place. I know this is a little small for those activities, but it was the right price and I am learning how they handle before I end up over my head (or on it) if something goes wrong with the board. But for now primarily for fun :-D !

Cool. I'm not sure what kind of land there is for buggy around there, but I'm thinking of trying the same thing. Try out a large foil as a precursor to landboarding. I figure it has to be less dangerous than skydiving.

Around here, I've seen a couple people landboarding / flying big foils at Busse Woods when there were no soccer games in progress. I think someone posted a video last fall (shot from the foil) that was taken out at Busse Woods.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 11:06 AM

Big Mike used to have a buggy. (Still does?)
Pontiac, IL has a big park with no soccer fields. It's off the 55 so it might be convenient place to meet for folks coming from both Chicago and St Louis areas to play with the big kites and buggies.

backdraft

Postby backdraft » Tue, Jun 19 2012, 12:55 PM

Hello, This is Big Mike and yes we used to have a buggy, it was a blast. Pontiac is a great field to buggy at, there is plenty of space and better wind. We sold it to someone, but we can still get them. If you'd like more information you can email us at info@thekitesite.net or go to our website and submit a question via the form there. The website is www.thekitesite.net

Thanks
Big Mike

Return to “Club Discussion”