Club Fly Dec 22nd

Invites, discussion and general information about IKE Club Fly events and quick flys.
Hector Herrera

Re: Club Fly Dec 22nd

Postby Hector Herrera » Fri, Dec 22 2006, 11:16 PM

Club Fly Dec 22nd...In California too!!!
I've been reading the forum in an everyday basis, and I tough...since I cannot make it there, I'll do it here, soo...I went celebrating The Club fly by myself :-) And "Congratulations, you had a lot of fun"
I dind't know Illinois had claiming monkeys? and with that weather??? Anyway, today in my area,...

Early morning winds were pretty good, and I headed to the beach, but I stopped at the nearests park instead, and started flying my GuateQuad, the wind picked up all the sudden, and it was really dragging me down and pulling my arms, so I decided to stop, but unfortunatly I broke one joint of the leading edge.. :(
Then I pulled Spider and it flew well. Also I tried another vented Guatequad, and responded nicely. One guy came and started talking to me about kites, and He pulled one of those with 2 strings, it looked like a small paraglider. Anyway after a god conversation I think I am gonna introduce him into the dark side (as you fellows put it) and exchanged phone number for a future get togheter. Who know I might start my kite team with this guy. Sometimes I wish I could be in ILL., but the cold weather...Hmmm I dunno.
I am thinking seriusly about constructing some Guatemalan kites for next year, and I have not visited Texlon yet. (lock of bread) But I have some GOOD news, Yesterday, I was interviewed at this Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Company for a posible maintenance mechanical position, the manager seemed very interested in hiring me, and promised to call soon, I guess it's just a matter of salary agreement, since He made an offer and I gave him a contraoffer. I feel very confident. I'll let know.
Okay guys...Tha's all for today, Keep having fun...
****Héctor Herrera****
*El Artesano Del Viento*

http://www.geocities.com/don.hector0606 ... KITES.html

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Dec 23 2006, 06:30 AM

Chris wrote:I wasn't. My party was changed to Thursday :-D Which cleared my day today :up: But I still had to get home, so Lori could get her hair done(a husband's work is never done :wink: ) Give me a call if you take out the circoflex! I'll bring my UFO 8)

I'm just happy that someone from Aurora was able to represent us there...lol

I'll be going out to fly regardless of the wind over at IMSA this morning... I have a feeling that the wind will be a bit much for a fiberblass rod circoflex... seems like the wind range on them is under 10mph...

I have to tune it up also... I half flew it yesterday in the backyard just to see if it would fly apart and it lifted off the ground...... Now, I just have to figure out how to fold it up without breaking the rods... I'm also a little peeved that Kitebuilder sent me everything except my flying line for it... Guess I'll have to cannibalize the lines from something else... I ended up bridling it with some 150# Shanti that I had left over from something else.

My sewing needs some serious improvement also... more about that in the sewing section later.

I'll give you a ring around 9am if that's ok. If it is, do me a favor and PM me your home phone, it cycled off of my cell already..

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat, Dec 23 2006, 07:49 AM

Glad to see you had an opportunity to "join" us on Friday Hector :mrgreen: Good luck on your job offer, I hope things work out for you :up:
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Dec 23 2006, 10:39 AM

It was nice to hear from you Hector, keep on flying the California branch of IKE.

Tom, I think I figured out most of that poem, but I need a little help with the end...
For but a Berry of Domingo
And a Torrid Eye.

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sat, Dec 23 2006, 03:05 PM

Mike wrote:It was nice to hear from you Hector, keep on flying the California branch of IKE.

Tom, I think I figured out most of that poem, but I need a little help with the end...
For but a Berry of Domingo
And a Torrid Eye.

Berry of Domingo may refer to the slave revolt in San Domingo; it may show that human beings may not be satiated with partial or incomplete freedom. However, the poem may also refer to human nature and the insatiable hunger for things that are harmful to others (to other life forms)... as well. The Torrid Eye may be the reflection of suffering from the empty dish (i.e., hearts).

from Emily Dickinson:

Betrothed to Righteousness might be
An Ecstasy discreet
But Nature relishes the Pinks
Which she was taught to eat-
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Sat, Dec 23 2006, 10:42 PM

TTFN,
Draftnik

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun, Dec 24 2006, 12:21 AM

Moved it to the right one for ya! :up: NASA wing colors look good 8)
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Draftnik

Postby Draftnik » Sun, Dec 24 2006, 11:35 AM

Thank you very much, Chris.
TTFN,

Draftnik

Return to “Club & Quick Flys”