SLK art

Discussion on anything related to Single Line Kites
TMadz

SLK art

Postby TMadz » Sun, May 20 2012, 11:00 PM

I am also looking into unique beautiful SLK's. I came across a designer from Tasmania, Aus, Robert Brasington. His stuff looks incredible. Does anyone collect/fly unique or artistic SLK's?

Maybe one that looks like this? :SLKani:
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

Mike

Re: SLK art

Postby Mike » Mon, May 21 2012, 02:40 PM

I'm not aware of anyone in the club who's bought the art kites. Brasington does make some really cool stuff. You could start a collection and we'll feature you at the next kite festival :)

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Mon, May 21 2012, 03:52 PM

I might be bookmarking this thread . . . . just in case the art kite links get really interesting. In SLK, I like some of the stuff by Willi Koch - the mesh items and some of the bigger line laundry, and there are plenty of others as well.

BTW, why limit the art kite thread to SLKs - there's a whole Masterpiece section over on the Revkites site with many different variations, and I'm sure there's plenty of dual line art items as well.

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, May 21 2012, 05:26 PM

goestoeleven wrote:BTW, why limit the art kite thread to SLKs - there's a whole Masterpiece section over on the Revkites site with many different variations, and I'm sure there's plenty of dual line art items as well.

No intention on leaving any possibilities out. I just called it art because that's what I saw it as. I'm not investing in anything to hang on my wall. I want to be able to fly these, so maybe I should edit the thread to "Flying art". :love:

Mike, I think I have a long way to go before I have a collection per se, but hopefully in a year or two.
Last edited by TMadz on Tue, May 22 2012, 02:02 PM, edited 2 times in total.

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, May 21 2012, 05:38 PM

goestoeleven wrote:I might be bookmarking this thread . . . . just in case the art kite links get really interesting. In SLK, I like some of the stuff by Willi Koch - the mesh items and some of the bigger line laundry, and there are plenty of others as well.

BTW, why limit the art kite thread to SLKs - there's a whole Masterpiece section over on the Revkites site with many different variations, and I'm sure there's plenty of dual line art items as well.

I have seen some of Willi's stuff. I like the color contrasted with the woven pattern.

Return to “Single Line Kites”