Short Quad Line Sets

It's not just string any more. Talk about lines and line sets and anything else associated with them.
goestoeleven

Re: Short Quad Line Sets

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, May 02 2012, 08:31 AM

Ditto on the poetry.

Seeing this thread inspired me to go finish sleeving the short line set I started cutting out at KP X, plus another even shorter set. I cut them out of an (older mismatched) 120 foot quad line set, so after sleeving and evening up the lines, I now have one 38 1/2 foot set, and another 18 1/2 foot set, in case anyone wants to make matching sets to fly team at those lengths 8-).

I repurposed the two remaining lines into a 120 foot dual line set . . . . which I need in case I ever fly the KP X auction purchase :twisted: (or if I fly a fraction of the auction purchase). Hope to get to do that with you guys at a festival soon.

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, May 02 2012, 11:44 AM

I'd like to see all those rainbow stunters in the sky. The most I've ever flown is six :)

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Wed, May 02 2012, 12:19 PM

Mike wrote:I'd like to see all those rainbow stunters in the sky. The most I've ever flown is six :)

Most I've ever flown is one . . . so it should be interesting. Plus my instinctive muscle memory reactions are all quad line now. I think I'll start with a small stack first . . . . maybe three or six. I'd really like some help with it - but I don't think I can make Decatur, so it will have to be some other weekend.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Fri, May 04 2012, 10:48 PM

Got out tonight for a little while - first on the 80 footers, and then when the wind got shifty, I switched to a SUL on the shortest line set (18.5 feet). The rev sure is big at that length . . . throw and catch was easy, and I managed a couple 360s in the light wind, but I found axels to be impossible. I also had a hard time going slow in the tiny window, and "floating" like I've seen on some of the indoor videos. Walk of shame though is very short . . . . and ends in a throw (no walking back). Maybe I'll get out on the 40s (38.5) this weekend . . . .

grigorib

Postby grigorib » Sat, May 05 2012, 05:48 PM

What would a random visitor to the topic think reading about 240' lines in "Short Quad Line Sets" forum? :)

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, May 06 2012, 06:21 PM

grigorib wrote:What would a random visitor to the topic think reading about 240' lines in "Short Quad Line Sets" forum? :)

:) they're probably wondering what a regular set of lines are if we consider 240' lines as short!

Return to “Lines”